Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2002 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
how do u install the bypass switch?
lil one
Mr King 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hook up a latching switch (ground) to the parking brake wire and hook up a momentary switch (positive) to the brake light wire .
Sir
till_12 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2002 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Could you maybe send me some sort of diagram or explain this in depth a little more.  I really need to know how to bypass this feature and I dont fully understand just by this.  Thank--Jonathan
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Mr King 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2002 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry guys , I've been out of town , but here goes :

The cva-1005 is designed with a sophisticated interlocking system that is not supposed to allow you to view video or make any system adjustments while the vehicle is moving. The system requires the connection of  a footbrake (yellow/black) wire and a parking -brake (yellow/blue) , both supplied on two separate harnesses of the cva-1005 black box. The foot-brake (yellow/black) wire must be connected to the wire that pulses positive when the foot-brake is applied. The parking-brake (yellow/blue) wire must be connected to the wire that pulses negative when the parking brake is applied . Once these wires are connected , follow the instructions below to activate video and access the initialize "INTLZ" menu .

With the cva-1005 powered up :

1.  Step on the foot-brake.   (HOLD)

2.  Activate the parking-brake.

3.  Release the parking-brake.

4.  Activate the parking-brake again .

5.  Release the foot-brake .

Due to legalities I CANNOT  just  tell you to hook up the foot-brake (yellow/black) wire to a positve latching switch , or even tell you to hook the parking-brake (yellow/blue) wire to a negative momentary push-button switch , and just go positive latch-on , then negative pulse twice , then un-latch the positve wire to circumvent Alpine's fail proof security , because that would violate my Apline Training Credentials . So with the correct install instrucions I believe you should be able to read between the lines to reach your desired Show Only / Off Road purpose goal . He,He,He.                   

By the way :   Does any one in Florida need a First-Class MECP Certified Installer , that is also very kick-$## with fiberglass? 

Sir
Mr King 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2002 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry some of that was backwards , the foot-brake (yellow/black) goes to a momentary switch , and the parking-brake (yellow/blue) goes to a latching on-off switch . Just Momentary positive hold then latch on-off-on negative then let go of the positive and that will allow video to play . Seems confusing at first but welcome to diverse complexity of the world of alpine electronics . They are  by far my favorite brand of electronics , they just also seem to be the most difficult to install at times .      I was trying to recite the info from memory while my wife was jabbing in my ear , so that should clear the confusion.  My wife is never in the install bay, so I dont make mistakes there.
Sir
Ishinc 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2002 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

hi, i wondering what was in the INTLZ menu? what features are in there that i might want to change? thanks

ishinc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic