1992 Lumina sedan confusion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_Mathias_ 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I'm new here and have a question about the stereo wiring in my 1992 Lumina sedan. I looked in the VID on this site and found the color codes for the stereo wiring. My problem is this. It lists a few different wire colors that in my car I have a couple wires all the same color. There's like a couple different wires that are all brown, a couple tan etc.. On the ones that I have several wires the same color, do I hook them all up together? It's confusing the hell out of me. Also there is one brown wire with a white stripe. It isn't listed as to what this wire goes to. Any help would be appreciated here.

Thanks,

John

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

if you havent already cut out the stock harness, i would just reccomend going out and buying the harness that plugs into the stock harness. make life much easier.

https://installdr.com/  you may also want to try that site.

Quad L Handyman services
_Mathias_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
The stock harness had already been cut.
ccaudio 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
you should have 2 blue wires a light and dark, brown and yellow,a light green and dark green,and a tan the blue wires(light and dark) and grey.all those wires are your speakers wires just like that.if you take a 9 volt battery and put them on the blue wires(light and dark)you can find out the polarity of the speaker.same with the green wires,tan and greywires,and the brown and yellow wire.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
aahaa, someone who knows a gm vehicle. Bump for the www.installdr.com site
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
_Mathias_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
Okay cool. I used a 9 volt. I figured out which wires go to what speakers and hooked them all up to my stereo. Everything turned on fine and  the CD started playing but no sound came through the speakers. I checked the fuses and two had blown. I replaced those and tried to turn the stereo on again and still no sound. I have no clue why I'm not hearing anything from the stereo. It worked fine when I took it out of my Cavalier the day I bought the Lumina so it didn't sit around or anything. Thanks for the help guys and if you know any reason this would be happening it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic