icon

amp for thunder 8000?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
i heard bazooka isnt that great............bad sound.. or something cheap?? i mean jbl 600.1 is only 200.... or 1200.1 for 300
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

NO, cheap amps like bazooka list their "rms" rating as their peak rating and dont last very long. FYI: on sound domain.com they have the JBL 600.1 for only $200.

bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
the only problem with the jbl is that 200 was more then i was looking to spend i know im cheap but i could win like 600 watt bazooka amps for 50 bucks a piece thats why i was saying that i could get 2. Is there anything that would sound resonable for about 100-130 dollars with these subs.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
you pay a bit for the subs, i would reccomend you dont get cheep on the amp. i usually expect to pay about the same about for the sub as i do for the amp to power that sub. 
Quad L Handyman services
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

As stated above, I run 8000 series in my car and I can tell you that they need a lot of clean power. I would not skimp on the amp. You will end up damaging your subs.

Think of your sound system as more of a long-term investment, and adventure. Instead of buying 2 really cheap amps quickly, do some side jobs and save at least 2 or $300 minimum to buy a good quality amp.

Patience is the trick that most custom car builders/designers use to make their rides so beautiful and immaculate. Not many awesome things are built in a day.

I keep a couple of old school punch 150 amps around in case I ever need them. 10 Years ago they pushed a DVC 18" punch pro in my Chevelle and now work great for emergency backup amps.

Speaking of cheap amps, a buddy of mine is on the fast track with low funds and he bought two of those Sony P5 "pentagon shaped" class d amps from some ebayer for Really Cheap. For the money, they work great. I am no fan of Sony, but I would recommend the amps to you since you are looking for cheap amp.

Most people don't like sony because of bad personal experience with them, but the sony class d P5 would be at least 10 times better quality than a bazooka amp. Bazooka is for kids, like the old scjool chewing gumamp for thunder 8000? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I would go with the JBL 600.1 recommend by Customsuburb for the incredibly low $200 price. You can't go wrong with that.amp for thunder 8000? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

boom, boom, boom boom....
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic