the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Started FG today

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Well not realy FG ... but i resined my fleece. the pics are REALY big go i'm just post links.

The idea is to mount the sub with the driver on the outside. FG 360.2 on the left, MTX 4244 on the right and i wan to hide all of the wires on the inside (drill holes and such).

Front --> http://www.s90630840.onlinehome.us/digicam/fg-f-f.jpg

Right --> http://www.s90630840.onlinehome.us/digicam/fg-f-r.jpg

Left --> http://www.s90630840.onlinehome.us/digicam/fg-f-l.jpg

Top --> http://www.s90630840.onlinehome.us/digicam/fg-f-t.jpg

dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

looks like its gonna be a nice box show some more pics as you get it done

Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
I agree looking good...
If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
ravenndude 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

ok, i just finnished putting 2 layers of mat and 3 layers of cloth over the sub box part and 2 layers of cloth over the amprack part. Should i cover the racks witht the same amount as the box? Note: the bos is seperated from the racks. When i build it i cut MDF to make sure of it and i hot glued the fleece to the MDF walls to make sure that that there was to soace for air to travel. I still plan on using some kind of sealing agent on all of the internal corners, plus all of the wood is woodglued to eachother.

Should it be fine like that? or should i put more layers on the racks. Tomorrow, if its all dry, i'm gonna see how much weight i can put on it (starting with dum bells and homefully ending with me [about 280lbs]).

framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
woot woot for the big guys here!!!! im no expert but i would drill the MDF and put some nice size screws in it
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Started FG today -- posted image.what is the point of the weights?....grin..... are you trying to break it?..... how much does that sub weigh?
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
the whole weight factor plays into the combustion the sub puts into the box, so if a 280 pounds guy can stand on a small fiberglass box, im pretty sure a few pounds of pressure, so 35 max, is gunna blow the box to pieces, its a whole strength/design structure test
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

you should do what i did and have a can of duraglass destroyed so you have an excuse to use the whole can at once....grin

beyondamfm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
looking good, can't wait to see the finished product.Started FG today -- posted image.
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
ravenndude 
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

I'm pretty much done.The FG help my weight fine (i even hopped a little). There was no flex at all. Now i just need some input. Should i go for the riced out look and sand, prime and paint. Or should i go for the clean look and sand a little bit and carpet the whole thing. Right now i'm thinking carpet so i can cut down on sanding.

What do you thinkg?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic