icon

Subs for Jbl 1200.1 amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
I just bought this jbl amp and I'm now  searchin for a good pair of subs for her. Not very high end but some tha will get the job done. I listen underground almost all the time. For those of you who don't know what that is, is called also Reaggaeton in spanish. It's like reaggae blended with hip hop. This music have very strong low bass so I will like a pair of subs tha can play my reaggeton with ease every day. My buget is around $400 for the subs. Apreciate any help.
Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
Do you HAVE to have 2 subs? If not, then consider 1 12" Adire Audio Brahma. Just take a look at it, and see if it fits your needs. It is dual 2 ohm, so it can be wired down to 1 ohm, and your amp pushes 1200 watts @ 1 OR 2 ohms.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
fintheman 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, Aggie

I've been doubting my purchase on my sub as of lately. 

I mean, should I be happy, I ended up getting a Diamond Audio TDX 12 D2 for $270 bucks.  But, I keep on hearing about W7 / XXX / And Brahma.  I'm just trying to figure out if I made a mistake.  I mean, I did my research for awhile, and came out with the Diamond for the best bang for the buck. 

Here is the question that I guess would work.

Should I of spent almost 200+ bucks on a XXX/Brahma, and is it worth it?  I am running a Hifonics Brutus 1500D and the Diamond Audio will take this just fine.

I mean, I read an article by.....(forgot his name) but he was supposed to be a very respected Audio guy and said that the diamond tdx was the best mix of SPL and SQ out there.

Serving the country, one coffee at a time.
USAF!
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
diamond audio is definately one of the top subs, it runs up there with the eclipse and the w7. in both spl and sq you shouldn't be doubting your purchase, id buy one if i could but they are $600 a piece new where i am.
Quad L Handyman services
fintheman 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  

lol

Uhhh, I can't wait....I am getting so hyper about it

Its just, I haven't had tunes in my car since I've started this (stock CD player with one blown speaker)

To

Eclipse 5423

Hifonics Brutus 1500D

Memphis 300CA4 (75x4)

CDT Audio 61a's

Diamond Audio TDX 12 D2

Cap

Laptop with a line in for the system.

It will be finished up tomorrow.

-fin

Serving the country, one coffee at a time.
USAF!
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, you are doubting a TDX??? Imagine how I feel, I bought 2 12" Punch HX2's over a year ago, since my brother's old Punch 10's (from '96) sounded good, and now that I'm becoming more active in car audio, I'm learning that there were way more choices that I wasn't aware of. Had I known about all these companies that weren't at Good Guys or Best Buy, I definately would've saved up for something better. No I am not bashing my own speakers, they do sound good, but good just isn't "good enough". To the newbie's or anyone else reading this, there are reasons why we suggest certain speakers. Really take into consideration what we say (well, what MOST people say), as we are trying to prevent you from buying inferior equipment which will end up costing you more money.
Oh yeah, fintheman, seriously, don't doubt your purchase. I heard that sub in my friends integra(10" TDX, hex series speakers all around), and all I got to say is daaaaaaaamn. Bass was tight, plenty loud, and I'm sure the 12" will perform just as well.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
That definetly looks like  a good sub but. Can it give more bass than 2 subs? Does it really have good sound quality???
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
its hard 2 tell if a sub will hit more than 2 subs... + u gotta take in the fact of wut 2 subs u mean.. not to mention the xmax of all the subs as well as the wattage.... say the 2 subs in question have an xmax of .5 each and u have a sub of 1in (all 12s) and the same rms the sub with 1in would probably be louder but almost def the same...b/c it can push/pull the same or more air...
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I understand. So what is the prize tag on that brahma 12???
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
If any of you know???
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic