icon

2004 Impala keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bassop823 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

My wife had a AutoMate remote start and keyless entry installed in a 2004 Impala and the dealer said there is not a module for the door locks, so they had to make one with 15 relays. It works fine unless you shut off the car and hit the door lock button inside the car. Once that happens you have to have the key to get inside and restart the car to get the lock to work with the remote or the buttons inside the car. I was wondering if anyone knew about a module to fix all of this.

bassop
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have not done a 2004 impala yet but according to dei's website and Audiovox's you do not need a databus interface to do this vehicle. The door locks are one wire which require two relays and a resistor but the vehicle looks pretty basic to me. 15 relays would be a record to me. I don't think I have used more than 8 on one vehicle and that was a Durango with a remote start. Take it back and have them fix it, or remove it and find a better dealer.
DanDan
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
DanDan is right. If the dealer that installed it thinks they need 15 relays to do the door locks, I would be very concerned on the rest of the install. Either they don't have a clue what they are doing, or they are feeding you a line of BS. The door lock system is a one wire system. They haven't changed the door locks since they went to a "W" body style. Also make sure they hooked up the remote starter to the factory alarm so it arms and disrams properly through the remote starter.
Sparky
sparky
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
15 relays?  thats cute...i think they took u for a ride on this one man.  the most ive ever used for a lock system is 6 and that was for a 2002 trailblazer.  15 relays for a lock system is unheard of.  either they dont know what they are doing or they used 2 relays which is what they are supposed to use for that vehicle, and charged u for 15 to give them all lunch money.  id be very curious of this install and print up all our responses and show it to the dealer who installed it and then see what they say to cover up their lies.
mark mcj 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
i have to agree he last impala i did needed two relays and a resistor. the car was freash off the dealers lot.
mark mcj
bassop823 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the info. I thought 15 was alot myself, but I have not dealt with any of the newer cars. The newest one I have done is a 96. I will take it back to the dealer and see what I can get out of them.Maybe then I will not have to listen to my wife about this anymore.
bassop
mark mcj 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have a correction to make here. Saturday I installed a keyless on an 04 Impala and it indeed has fall asleep locks. They go in to the"sleep" mode very quick. I hooked up the dome light supervision and double pulsed the unlock output of the keyless and all is good.
mark mcj

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic