icon

Are the MTX 8000's any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shane7643701 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
was thinking of getting 2 - 10" Mtx Thunder 8000's to replace my 12 inch kicker comp cvr's since I'm need 10's to fit under the rear seat of my truck, are these subs any good, what is the quality of them? I would be running them off a kicker KX 800.2 amp ,think this is a good combo? Do they give you hard, deep bass? Any info is greatly appreciated
live in your world, come play in mine
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
although i havent heard many subs in my life i have 2 10 inch mtx thunder 8000 i dont have an amp im still working on gettin one. however a friend of mine did bring over a 300 watt crossfire amp and hooked it up man those things shook my hole car then we bridged the amp to hear how it would sound just to 1 sub man if u get like 300 watts rms to each sub that thing will shake your car.
Just so you know im not an expert i just know what i heard.
bfletcher 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Good subs I like the MTX 8000's and their d class amps
shane7643701 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the single or dual voice coils? I will running them off my Kicker KX 800.2 it actaully pushes 954 watts, and it will be in a 94 gmc sierra ext cab truck
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

I just put a mtx 8000 10" in a customers car today. I ran it off a 551s Rockford amp and it hammered. Sounded very nice. I have used these subs several times and have always been happy with the results

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
They are very good quality subwoofer. I would recommend using them in a seal box to get the best quality sound out of them.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Are the MTX 8000's any good? -- posted image.
shane7643701 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
so you install them for a living, could you help me with plans for building a box that fitts under the rear seat of a 94 gmc sierra ext. cab, would it be better to have front firing or down firing, I think front firing gives a better install and kinda showy look, cause I rarely have anyone sitting in the back, also should I go with single or dual voice coils, i know with dvc's I can parrallel wire them and run them 2 subs at 2ohm off my amp, but with single vc's I could wire them together and run 2ohm and bridge my amp to one channel, but what would be a better way to go?
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
They are some good subs and will pound hard in the right sealed enclosure.  The 800 should be a good match.
DarrinTay 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
I had a 12 inch 8000 and had a sealed box made for it. Its a great quality sub for the price.  Had an MTX class d amp running over 400 watts to it and it hit alot of notes and played pretty loud. good buy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic