the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Truth about Volfenhag

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

There has been a lot of discussion and speculation about Volfenhag audio equipment on this forum.  I did a little research using the resources of my employeer and came up with the following information that some of you may find interesting.

Volfenhag is distributed by American HIFI in Vernon, CA.  This is a US front for a Chinese company who actually manufacture their equipment.  American HIFI are also responsible for such stelar brands as Performance Teknique ("An American Ingenuity."  Sound familiar?) Rockwood, Die Hard, Kenford, and several other flea market knock-off names.

I put a Volfenhag ZX7140 and a Performance Teknique ICBM771 amplifier side by side in the shop.  I removed the covers and compared the two and there is very little difference inside between them.  This leads me to believe they were built on the same assembly line in China from the same components and labeled Volfenhag "A German Concept" or Performance Teknique "An American Ingenuity" at the end of the line depending on which pipeline needed filled.

So, buyer beware.  They may be fine products, but they are certainly not German (just like PT is not American).  Don't be fooled.

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
The truth is out and another mystery has been solved. Well done
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think they also make "Xplosion" car audio equipment as well. Thanks for the providing that info.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Truth about Volfenhag -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Was never a mystery to me, mind you the only mystery I have yet to solve is the singing crossovers and oh yeah, who is the hottest chick with the nicest ......
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
yeah ive installed volfenhag stuff...it sucks.  and the performance teknique, i had to install a alarm and remote start made by them in a 2002 trialblazer, it was doin all kinda stupid things...they suck too!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
Was never a mystery to me, mind you the only mystery I have yet to solve is the singing crossovers and oh yeah, who is the hottest chick with the nicest ......

the nicest... hair?

Support the12volt.com
irhino2 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info Dyohn.  It has helped a lot.  I have already gotten rid of their products.  I had a huge sale this week, and sold them all at wholesale.  Woohooo.  Now if I can just get Orion to pick me up.  I'm having difficulties with that one.  Seems another local dealer is still listed as a dealer for them, although they no longer carry their product.  They only special order them when someone requests it.  What a crock!!!  They said they couldn't sell them.  LMAO

Rhino - Bringing you only the best in car audio!!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Good detective work, DYohn!  It's good to know what some of these things really are.  Now, for harder stuff:  see if there is anything good to say about my little Profile Clarus...
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Not very big on any company that is mass distributed personally.  Some of them are decent, but I will leave it at that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic