icon

1998 Saturn SL1 Remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
body150 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hello there, this my first time here and I have some serious problem in search of some serious answer. Here we go, I just purchase an alarm/remote (FM-870) start combo and installe it on a 1998 Saturn SL1. Everything works like a charm. New aftermarket lock kit was installed, lock and unlock work very well. My problem is this, thus evrything works so great but my remote start system won't kick in. When I press the side butteon for remote start I get nothing. The pager beeps two times and that's about it. I check all the wiring except for the tach wire which is not install and evrything check out OK but the car won't remote start. Any assistance on this will be greatly APPRECIATED  thanks.
body150
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Try Posting this under the Car Security Forum, it will get alot more visibility.
Tim-May!
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

hi are you programmed for voltage sense try hooking up tach wire and program it will not rs without tach or voltage signal

good luck
kirk
body150 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a problem with an alarm/remote start combo I installed on a Saturn SL1 '98. Everything works well except for the remote start. I've already post a question and somevody was kind enough to repond and I appreciate  that.First it was an issue about the tach wire (WHITE/ red H/6), after the response I locate the tach wire (orange at ignition block) and tap into it. But I still get nothing and something about a "voltage sensing" set up was mention but I kind lost on that. Can any body walk me through the process. The alarm is a commando FM-870.
body150
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
if u are using the tach wire then you shouldnt need the voltage sense...have you tried to put the key in the ign. and use the remote start?? have you programmed the unit for the tach wire setup???? do you have all of the ign. wires hooked up??????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic