icon

aps-996? in 95 k1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quadracr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure what alarm I have.  The box says 996, but I have the Blue led and I have the 4 wire shock sensor.

I have it installed minus the remote start(still shaky on installing that)

When I tested it, I noticed the following problems;

Doors will not lock or unlock - I have the green wire going to the light blue wire and the red wire going to the white wire.  The control moduleI is delivering 11.5 volts to the white and blue wires.  This vehicle has the standard power locks with no factory lock/unlock feature.

Opening the hood doesn't kill the engine - hood pin installed with the gray w/blk trace wire.  Does this only work when the remote start is connected?

Brake doesn't kill the engine when alarm is going off. - opened the door with the alarm actually going off, started the truck and stepped on the brake.  No kill, just kept on running.  I have attached the Brn w/blk trace wire to the white wire.  Now on this wire I didn't have very much room and I used a scotchlock on this one(I know it's the cardinal sin)but I was in a hurry to test this out.  I haven't checked the control module wire for input when the brake pedal is pressed, I'm hoping just a bad connection. Does this feature work only with the remote start acivated or should it also work with the engie started with the key.

Last thing I want to do the remote start, so can domeone help me out with a detailed explanation.

Thanks for all your help and if all else fails, anyone experienced in the Colerain/fairfield area of Ohio want t0 check it out?

Tracy

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
the hood and brake are only for the remote start feature....
do you have factory door locks in the truck now????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock LIGHT BLUE DRIVER KICK #203
Power Unlock WHITE PANEL ** #202
** 2 Door See Note #203, 4 Door Or 2 Door With OEM Keyless Entry See Note #202. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram
#202- See Positive Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
quadracr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

David

Thanks for the reply.  I do have factory power locks.  As in my explanation I have the blue and white wire located and the control module leads are attached.  I'm seeing 11.5 volts on the control module leads when I lock and unlock via the remote. 

Where do I see the notes that you are referring to.  I looked in several different places, but I couldn't find them.

kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

I believe what he is saying is that if the truck does not have keyless entry then it is a 5 wire hook up. you will need two relays

85 & 86 on both relays---- 12 volts            take your door lock wires from the alarm, and hook lock to 85 on one relay, and unlock to 85 on the other relay.  the take your lock wire from the truck , cut in half test the wire to find the switch side and hook it up to 87A on the lock relay, and the other side of that wire will go to 30 on the same relay.. repeat for unlock.

draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.wiringinstructions.com/203.htm
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
i dont usethat brand, but if i remeber, that unit has built in relays........your book should have the wring info in it....if you cant find it, let us know....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
i dont usethat brand, but if i remember, that unit has built in relays........your book should have the wring info in it....if you cant find it, let us know....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
quadracr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys, I've been swamped at work, so I haven't been able to check this.  I think the problem can be fixed with a couple of relays.  I'm getting 11.5 volts from the control module, but only 300ma.  I don't think I'm getting enough amps to actuate the solenoids.  So I'm going to try this and see what happens.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic