icon

Pioneer GM-D510M Class D, Any Opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

HI, IM planning to get this 2 of these amps pioneer GM-D510M to push my Pioneers TS-W1500SPL 10-inch ( i always like Pioneer to have in my car, I want to know if anybody have this amp so he can gave me opinions, f the amp,.... Because i used to have the GMX-972 but it came with that probolem, so i sent it back and pioneer gave me the refund,, well If anybody knows something about this amp.. please Let me  know

thank you

Here is the website of the amp

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4055_64850147,00.html

sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I think the amp will be fine for you.  I would definately run it at two ohms to get its best power and efficiency.  With the amps last year I know they were all recalled there was something wrong with them, I forget what because we only had them in our shop for like 2 weeks.  Anyway Hopefully you'll be running each of your subs at two ohms, you should be fine with a "600 RMS" going to each.  Hope that helps....
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, thats why im planning to do, run it at 2 ohms, to get 600W rms...
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
and how about the sound?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
You will then also open up a possible can of worms by using two subs off of two amps. Unless the person who is setting up the system for you has the aptitude to do it properly and knows how to level match and crossover match, I would suggest one large class D amplifier. If you continue on the path that you have chosen, that's great, we can help you along. Start by making 100% sure that each sub has it's own enclosure, the subs cannot share the same air volume. Next is current demand, two amp draw more current than 1, can your vehicle afford this? Wiring, two amps use more wire than one. Space, I'm sure you get the point. RCA signal splitting, most sub amp sum mono the left and right inputs, now you infact have less signal available (in most but not all cases). Just some things to ponder.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
bfletcher 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with forbidden you will not get the same voltage or signal across the two amps.  It's very hard to set up a system for two subs with a different amp on each.  I would reccomend that you get a different amp and something not pioneer.  While I like them they have no balls.  The last big amp had a recall because the board would overheat and was known to catch on fire!
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

What amp Could match my subs. they are rated 500W rms.?

I have right now Two bazooka amps connected to the subs ( I sold then). they sound great but i was having troubles with the setting, because the way i have it connected is this.

a pioneer AVH-P6500DVD connected to a digital processor Pioneer DEQ-9200 and to the amps....

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

Your subs are dvc 4 ohm subs, thus here are the possible wiring scenarios.

all parallel = 1 ohm (recommended) - need 1 ohm mono class D sub amp

series / parallel = 4ohm - need monster 2 channel class AB amp

parallel stereo = 2 ohm stereo - need monster 2 channel class AB amp

For the record, 2 ohm stereo is the same thing as 4 ohm mono. One of the amps I would consider for this is the Rockford 1051S or similar.

There are many good class D mono sub amps that are designed and engineered to operate at 1 ohm mono. A favorite of mine in the Concept CD1210, Lightning Audio X1.1000.1D and there are a whole pile of others.

Here is a wiring diagram for the two methods.

Wiring Option #1
Pioneer GM-D510M Class D, Any Opinions -- posted image.
Pioneer GM-D510M Class D, Any Opinions -- posted image.Wiring Option #2
Pioneer GM-D510M Class D, Any Opinions -- posted image.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
fredisfound 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
dont knock the pioneer amps. it wasnt the mono amp that caught fire, it was the big 2 and 4 channel units. The mono amps you have are brilliant units. Plug em in ,play it loud.
JustDoIt2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does Lightining audio amplifier are good, or just junk, From what i heard from people they are not good. and how about soundstream? I have a SOundstream for mid and highs and i loved it....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic