icon

95 240SX /w factory alarm help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pooreclipse 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

I want to help my friend install an alarm (sidewinder).. supposed to be straight forward but he has a factory entry detection system..  basically a lame alarm.  What do I have to do to get along or bypass it all together?

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

You have to hook up the factory disarm wire from your alarm. the wire you are looking for is

OEM Alarm  Disarm:

GREEN/ YELLOW (-)

SAME CONNECTOR AS DOORLOCKS

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Pooreclipse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

Is that all i have to do, so that the OEM alarm will unlock the doors and flash the parking light etc?  I don't even have to use the aftermarket alarm for parking light?

What about the arming?

bmf1000d 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

No the disarm wire is to DISABLE the factory alarm for you to install your new sidewinder. YOu still have to hook up the parklights, locks, that is all standard on a factory alarm but the reason most people move to an aftermarkek is for range and Shock sensor and/or microwave sensor

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Pooreclipse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
bmf1000d wrote:

No the disarm wire is to DISABLE the factory alarm for you to install your new sidewinder. YOu still have to hook up the parklights, locks, that is all standard on a factory alarm but the reason most people move to an aftermarkek is for range and Shock sensor and/or microwave sensor

I see, thanks alot.  So I'm assuming, all I have to do is find and permanently ground that wire you mentioned, and then I can install my sidewinder alarm without any problems?

Do you recommend splicing in the factory alarm's harness because lot of the wires are already there.

bmf1000d 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah you can if you know what wires for what. I would not recommend permanently ground your factory disarm wire that can cause a feedback to the ECU and possibly mess it up. just set up the sidewinder and hook up the factory disarm wire to the one in the car.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic