icon

Xbox Installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ribino 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
Here is what I am trying to do: (I am new to this)
I want to install my Xbox into my car. I am going to have one monitor located in a speacially made spot in the central dash. I'll still be keeping my sony xplod cd player.
I'm just not sure on how to power all this and such. Anyone know any good tech articles out there, or provide any help. I'm also going to be using a few neons to accent and I'm not sure if I'll have proper power supply.
Any help? Thanks.
beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

First you are going to need to invest in a power inverter for the xbox to power it up, you can plug it into a cigarette lighter or hard wire it. Now for sound out of the xbox you will plug your audio (white & yellow) into the back of the radio aux input if avalible if not you will need do invest in a fm modulator, if you have to go with a fm modulator I would suggest in getting a digital one. Your video (yellow) cable will hook up to the monitor. Hooking it up is as simple as that.

As far as neons go there are a bunch of ways to accomplish this the easiest and fastest way for me is to use a fuse tap on your radio or/and cigarette fuse a run in to a toggle switch for power, as far as grounds go cut your wire to desired lenth and ground it to the chasis.

The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Let me know if thier is any thing else I can help you with. have fun
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
audio is white and red not white and yellow
what!?!?! you want some??
ribino 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help.
I just blew a whole in my radiator, and it needs replaced. I'll be putting this project on hold for a few weeks. No cash flow :(.
ribino 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Update:
I had a great idea. I was gonna remove one half of my back seat. I have a saturn so I have 60/40 backseats. I'm going to build an enclosure for the xbox, and maybe put some speakers in it also. No subs. The box will be the height of the original seat. With the box in place the passenger seat will not be able to go back fully probably.
Anywho. I'm gonna make the box slanted with windows in it. Inside the box will be the xbox and such and also some neons for accent. The monitor will be upfront and controllers will just have to come from the box to the front seats. Should be neaet. Lemme now what you think.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic