icon

truck will not start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
popeye004 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me out I have a 97 Chevy Z71 pick up and its got a hornet 553T remote start/alarm and when I press the button to start it it does not start I hear the fuel injector hiss the headlights go on and all acc. lights but just doesn't cran over can anyone tell me whats going on.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the starter wire from the hornet may have become loose or off all together(happens if installer used inferior connectors such as t-taps) the wire color is purple off th hornet make sure it is connected..
also u may wanna try to reprogram the tach this is done by starting car with key, push and hold valet switch until led lights up now try and do a remote start!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
also use your owners manual and check diognastics for the problem! Note on programing tach if the led never turns on solid while pressing valet switch the unit di dnot have a tach connection(installer was lazy) and this should be done for reliable starting.
also if this is a new installation and you are not sure if it ever started with remote makw sure purple wire is on starter side of the starter kill relay this is teh side of the wire away from the ignition switch.
popeye004 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
They starter was instaled about 3 years ago never gave me problems untill now. do you think it might be a relay and also if it is the starter wire from the hornet and I do a test with a DVM I should get 12 volts right?
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
u should get 12 volts from the purple wire only while the unit should crank then stop.you can also test the purple wire at the relay satelite while starting the car with the key see if you get 12 volts while the engine is cranking,if not u have no connection to the starter wire in the vehicle.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
have a look at the 2 main large gauge fuses that lead to the relay satelite. those are the supply side of your starter output wire. if your remote start has been working normally all this time, there's a high chance that one of those fuses may be blown.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic