icon

Window Roll-Up 2000 Pathfinder Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
puertorock 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hello every one ok heres the deal i finished installing my alarm about maybe four months ago but i still have so many outputs on this thing and i was thinking of using my trunk output for a window roll up or down due to the fact that this suv s trunk is connected to the rest of the doors when disarm or arm so im stuck with a useless button which is #3 for the trunk any ideas like as far for garage opener or window roll up  or anything that i can use this button for Compustar 2WSS-AS Alarm any cool  ideas will be help full im up for anything also how much will it cost roughly if  iforgot something let me know  again thanks in advance everyone
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
actually, aside from that trunk release channel that you haven't used, there should be 2 other auxilliary channels that are also available.
i wouldn't advise that you use the trunk release channel to close your windows though, because activating the trunk release channel automatically disarms your alarm first. that could be rather silly if you're closing your windows. it would be appropriate for opening your windows though. you will need to add window opening/closing modules though, because that trunk release channel only outputs 1 pulse regardless of the length of time that you press on the button on the remote. the other 2 auxilliary channels, however, can be programmed to be latched, but i strongly do not recommend you do that for closing or opening windows......too easy for you to blow fuses and/or window motors.
being from canada, i'm not sure if pricing will be similar, but a windows module that controls 2 windows for one direction of movement usually costs starting from around $50-$60 (CAD).
robbie2883 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

jimmeezgolfvr6 wrote:
because activating the trunk release channel automatically disarms your alarm first.

ummm...can't you program the alarm to ignore trunk disarm?

if its jammed force it - if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway
Window Roll-Up 2000 Pathfinder Compustar - Last Post -- posted image.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
robbie2883,
if you're aware of being able to program this alarm to ignore trunk disarm, please let me know. i'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything.....i've looked through the install manual many times and have not seen this option available. if you have some more info on this, i'd sincerely like to know about it.
thanks in advance!
puertorock 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
ok jimmeezgolfvr6 i think im going to leave it the way it is but if theres anything else that i can do with this  single pulse pls let me know as far the other two AUX i think one is for like motion sensor other than that what can i use them i just hate having these wires laying there  doing nothing ok how about this can i use that single pulse to just turn on my stereo system thats probably out of the question also due to the fact i have a 400 watts amplifier running with the stereo. and a window motor probably the same any other info will appreciated thanks for your times
robbie2883 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
i could be wrong....haven't installed a compustar in awhile.....didn't mean to come accross c**ky man...
if its jammed force it - if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway
Window Roll-Up 2000 Pathfinder Compustar - Last Post -- posted image.
puertorock 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

MY OPINION DOESNT COUNT ANYWAYS  (IF YOU DONT MIND> IT DOESNT MATTER ) PEACE ONE LOVE  ANY OTHER IDEAS WHAT I CAN DO WITH THIS EXTRA WIRES OTHER THAN WIRENUTING THEM

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  
really, no offense taken.
but to answer the question, yes, you could do such things as turn on your headlights or your stereo with your addtional channels. the only drawback is that you'll have to remember to turn them off also. the latched output option remains active until you press the button(s) to turn it off. if you activate things for long periods of time with your engine not running, your battery strength will suffer.
good luck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic