icon

1995 Mazda Millenia-Bose System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Beat_Town 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1995 Millenia with a Bose Standard System.  The radio will come on and all the controls seem to be functioning, but i am not getting any sound to the speakers. I understand that each speaker operates with it's own amplifier and someone suggested that an  amp has a blown fuse. But why would a blown fuse in one amp cause the other four to not work? And what are the odds of all 5 amps blowing fuse at once?  I just bought the car and I like the way the Bose system sounds with the factory CD changer. I am trying to keep from doing an expensive install until the first of the year when I plan on installing a Panasonic Tv/DVD combo with Infintiy Highs and mids, and JL Audio W6's in a fiberglass trunk enclosure.  If anyone can answer any questions, or has their own idea or diagnosis, I would be forever grateful. Thanks.
Radiodr 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2002 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

This system has a main fuse for the Bose system located under the front hood, I recently had this same vehicle with this same problem....Check out this fuse!  It is also not to uncommon to have a bad Bose amplifier or two, but when they go bad they generally start squealing or making other weird noises...You will know if you have a bad one.  They can be pretty pricey to start replacing them if you have more than one bad one.....If so I would consider cheaper alternatives, such as pulling the bose amps out and replacing the speakers with conventional aftermarket ones (4 ohrm speakers)  Most Bose speakers are only 1 ohm and cannot realistically be reused with a conventional aftermarket head unit.

Good Luck!

The Radiodr, Autosound Solutions Inc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic