icon

790XV Viper Alarm - 00 Dodge Avenger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Crazyvipa2002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

I just got off the phone with the #1 installer of sound systems and alarms. I contacted him to install my refurbished 790 XV Viper Alarm. He told me I would need the schematics for this. I purchased this from 12volt on eBay. He also noted that it would need to be already programmed. I am not educated in this field at all so I have no idea what he is really talking about. I was wondering if any of you could be able to help me find this information. And if the refirbished alarms can even be installed without a hassle. Basically any and all information I would need to give him to install this to my 2000 Dodge Avenger. Links or references would help very much. Very excited to install this alarm and can't wait. Any help is much appreciated!!!

-Viper

www.EuroEffects.net

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

some installer....

if hes any kind of installer he should know what the wires are with out second guessing them, on a DEI brain.  the manual can be printed from the web site ( www.directed.com ), and why would it need to be programmed already?  unless you have a bit writer, youll have to hook it up to a test bench and plug a bunch of harnesses in to give it constant, ign, ground, and a door trigger.

best buy will install any DEI product, it might be like $120 labor + parts (i dont know what your "#1" installer told you), but its not as shady...  as long as you have all of the harnesses and the remotes.

MECP certified installer
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
exactly plus I know with Circuit City will install it for round $160....and it's guarenteed with a lifetime labor warranty and free removal when you're lookin towards your next car or truck
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/wirecolors/VehicleDetail?modelID=354

Listed above are the install manual for the viper and for wiring info on your car

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
i noticed for a fact that circuit city here in TX does a pretty good for 160.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
yup, i knew circuit also does DEI but i wasnt sure what their policy is.  we just cant/wont do bull dog or any other brand and put out lifetime warranty and free uninstall on someone elses (possibly) inferior product.  also, we still have access to DEI tech support when its still their product.
MECP certified installer
Crazyvipa2002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you very much!!! :)

-Viper

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Crazy...you may need to find another "#1 installer"
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
even if ther eis no remote for that unit programed it can be programed in a matter of seconds! The only way that unit cant be programed is if it was locked with a bitwriter but i dought that!! In that case of it being locked the #1 installer would need a bitwriter or laptop to unlock. Note units are rarely locked and this is an easy install and programing is a snap. One otehr thing bottom of unit has wire color info!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic