icon

kicker,alpine or mtx?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hi dudes. I live in Puerto Rico and I want to know a little bit more about these subs. I don't know a lot about car audio. Anyway I own An 1989 Jimmy S-15 and I'm planning to put in it a good stereo system. So I will like to know your opinions about these three inexpensive subs. I will buy a pair of eighter of them. I havent heard kicker or alpine  subs cause in my neigborhood all my buddies only have Mtx and Powersonic they sound good and loud but I want to be different you know. They will be powered by a Jbl 1200.a amp and I will like them in sealed boxes for SQ. Also wich 15's sound better?????Kicker Comp VRs or Mtx 8000 if i get the alpines they are going to be the 12's dual 4ohm type r. Apreciate any suggestions.

Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
shane7643701 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
the kicker comp cvr 12's sound very good in a sealed box, I have mine running off a kicker kx 800. 2 amp and these are also dvc, they hit really hard
live in your world, come play in mine
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with the MTX's.  When it comes to 15's it depends on what kind of music you listen to and what type of sound you want.  Most people are getting away from larger drivers due to the simple fact that they cover only a low range of frequencies and can create a gap in SQ.  I have dealt with kicker's before but the quality of the subs have been going down in my opinion. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic