icon

wire cides for 95 explorer sub amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rage237 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

ok i went out and priced the kit for adding an aftermarket deck in my explorer! damn 75 for the trim kit and the wire harness!!!

oh well that can wait till the navigation is ready to go in..

but untill then i wanna add a sub and amp and either bypass the factory sub or use a 2 wayswitch to go betwen them..so i can have loud lows when i dont have the kids in the car..anyhow thats not my question

i was told that my best bet would be to hit the4 input for the stock amp as ford used a high level input for the sub amp..has anyone done this? and if so what wires are what?

i plan on using a line out converter then passing thru an audio control epicenter and then onto my sub amp.

any help would be great   thanks in advance

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
An epicenter needs a signal that has not been crossed over. Thus I would ignore the factory sub altogether, matter of fact unplug that thing and leave it alone. Take the signal for your loc from either the front or rear speaker wires coming from the amp (if it has one) behind the rear panel behind the back seat. I cannot remember the wire colors off hand. Loc ----> Epicenter wire cides for 95 explorer sub amp - Last Post -- posted image. ----> amplifier ----> sub = one happy camper.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
rage237 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

thats what i planed on doing.

i just am hoping that someone has tested or knows the wire colors at the amp..

if not then looks like a i got a few hours of test time ahead of me

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic