icon

RE 8's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

the re's will sound damn good ported, you'll want to give them about .5 cubic foot of airspace tuned to 32 hz for sql. four of them would sound really good in that enclosure, I've heard two of them in the same enclosure and they sounded pretty damn close to a couple of 8's.

to everyone else on here, I have heard 8's in a properly designed enclosure sound pretty damn close to or exceed some 12's of the same number. It's all in the install, there is an ID dealer here in town who is running 10 IDQ v2 8's in a ported enclosure running off of lunar amps and those 8's get ridiculosly loud and sound real damn good doing it too. And yes they sound really good and clear, he competes in sq not spl and I've heard his setup embarrass people with the same amount of 12's in their setup. Again it's all in the install and design of the enclosure.

fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

You can get some 8's to give you a pretty nice sound but it all depends on your music listening habits.  If you like it real loud all of the time you might want to consider a larger driver.  4 8's might give you the sound of tens but you will encounter the problem of sustained power. 

Because a speakers RMS is 200 or 300 RMS this does not imply that the driver will keep working at this volume for long periods of times.  Just like an engine a driver gets hot, and with too much heat you encounter thermal breakdown or in a speakers case voice coil burn out.

framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
well its the 6 eights from RE or 2 lethal injection 12's, other than those two i can only say i would like either XXX or death penalties
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard the XXX, I like em for the the lethal injections I haven't heard them but they were recommended to me when I was considering purchasing a brahma or xxx. I ended up getting 2 ID MAX 12 v.3's which are excellent subs. SQ is great on them and they get plenty loud, you might want to look into the idq 8's I've heard 10 of them ported and I've heard four of them ported and I swear to you that someone would never guess that they are 8's when they hear them. Also selling the ID MAX's if you're interested.
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
well the reason i was going with re is cuz their 8's are cheap....50 bucks a piece cheap.....death penalties are like......599 a sub but POUND AND EXCERT like a MOFO. i may save up for some XXX's  what would u run to the penalties/re 8's/and XXX's
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Well it depends on your budget and if you want to wait to get your setup done. Out of the choices that you gave me I would pick the XXX's just because I've never heard the death penalties and you didnt give ID as a choice RE 8's - Page 2 -- posted image.. You can get the 8's to sound really good but you're gonna have to build and plan that enclosure really well.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic