icon

audiobahn subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bp_viper 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
anyone have any opinion on the audiobahn flame subs-aw1008t or awes10p read good reviews for quick tight bass. otherwise are there any other comparable subs. i know these are pretty expensive but looking into upgrading system. any advice on an amp that would power something like this adequately? any response appreciated. thanks
casedeez 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have a buddy who has those subs. 2 10's and they poound like a mutha. He has a Precision Power 1000 watt amp i believe. If your looking at spending a good chunk of money I think you'd be better off getting something a lil different. Look into some higher end subs.
casedeez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
he has the awes10p.
bp_viper 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
do they have clean crisp bass, or is it all rumble? i am planning on one 10". thanks
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

imo read 97neons thread on the  subs but my cuz has one an never had any probs wit it. an it was used so. it your choice.

southsider
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
neon had some wicked bad luck with those guys, but I am just throwing in my opinion. Anyone can have ANY product and have some form of bad luck. I have had my Audiobahn subs for a few months now (although they are not the ones mentioned) and have not had any problem as of yet. They sound "tight" and clear and I would reccomend them to anyone. Sorry neon.
"I'm only doin' this for ya because I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up yer bunghole...."
Kenwwod 315s
2 Audiobahn AWI25IT
1 Audiobahn A275HCT
1 Tsunami 1.0
1 Legacy 3.0
casedeez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
They sound pretty tight, although I have heard 10's that were tighter. My buddy has three 12 inch type r's and the audiobahn 10's sound about as loud as those do. I think my buddy doesnt have enough power though. Dont know specs though. Even still, if your willing to spend the money I would probably look for something a little higher end.
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Audiobahns are great for the $$$, Ive had zero problems w their subs and I have the cheapest (1051Q)ones!  They are not the best for SQ, but keep them in a sealed box that's the right size and your ears will be happy!  I got them on ebay for $70 a pair-for that price, nothing can touch them!
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

In my opinion, Audiobahn is totally for SPL.  I have an audiobahn 12 in my car and the response is not as good as lets say the Alpines I had before.  But, it is really really loud.  I have not heard the 10's before, but they will be better.  But if you are looking for SQ (which it sounds like you are) I would not recommend Audiobahn.  If you are looking for SPL and a little bit of SQ, then I would.  As well, if the price is right you may as well go for it.  I know that Audiobahn sells for extremely cheap on ebay, so if you are willing to go on there, I would recommend doing that.

Hope this helps!

Alex

bring on the boom!
lensam69 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I agree with bighauns...

I haven't heard ALL models, but i've heard quite a few, and their sound quality isn't the best out there. However, in a good enclosure they give decent quality and loads of SPL.

One 12Inch (Never found out the model) in a ported enclosure powered by a Rockford Fosgate amp, poped my ears inwards inside a car

forbidden wrote:
Wrong advice young grasshopper, go back to square one and do not pass go.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic