icon

5 channel amp: Max 50W X4 + 150W X 1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyota_4runner 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
also, is this EA3532 not a popular or too new an amp? I tried to google search in order to compare prices and found very few results, and mostly in Japanese!! ( i saw one listed on ebay but it is sold without warranty, and some of you know my story of getting ripped off on alpine HU I dont know if I shd go for it) In any case, do you know what is the price of this amp?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
your subs can handle 150 watts RMS each. So you could have up to a 300 watts at 4 ohms sub channel.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
i have used both version of these amps, with slightly different model #'s for years now. Eclipse is not available on line so do not look for info there. Your best bet is an authorized dealer or someone like me.5 channel amp: Max 50W X4 + 150W X 1 - Page 2 -- posted image. Now I'm not here to sell you something, so please do not ask. The ea3532 is the amp that I used in my MR2 up until last year. I too used it to power 2 8 ohm 8" subs and it never missed a beat. 8" subs do not require much power in order to get rolling along quite happy. This amp is only stable at 4 ohm on the sub channel which is exactly where your subs will present their load to the amp when wired in parallel. Why I used this amp was simple, it was cost effective, sounded great and easily did what I needed it to do. If the gains are set properly, you can underpower a sub all day long and IT WILL NOT DAMAGE THE SUB. If you set the gains wrong, well, sss is in your future. (smelly speaker syndrome). Just because your speedometer says say 140mph, does not mean that the minute you step on the gas you are going to do that speed, similarily, just because your subs say 150watts each does not mean that the minute you turn the stereo on they must have that much power. If you are concerned about not having enough power to get these subs rolling along, I would look at the PA5532 or a similar 5 channel amp that may have a little more balls in the sub region. (Crossfire VR705D). The other option that was suggested earlier is also a good idea, that is a 50w x 4 4 channel + a 2 channel amp that bridges to 300 w rms in mono.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
charlie101_1999 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:

This is a good amp for the money and should work fine for you

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=39742&item=3093493422&rd=1

This is the amp I use for my Polk 5X7's and one JLW3v2 and I think it's great. Makes things a bit more simple.(IMO)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic