icon

What amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I own a audiobahn AW1208T. It is a dual 2 ohm sub. and is rated at 1500 Watts rms. I am trying to stay on a budget and all i want is to get the LOUDEST amp for my money. SPL is my goal. otherwise i would have bought something that sounds better then audiobahn. At the moment the three amps i am looking at are 1) audiobahn a1300hct (maybe the a1500hct) 2) JBL 1200.1 3) Planet audio tt1250. All of them are rated at 1200 Watts rms or more. Which amp would you recommend? and why? or are there any others that I should look into?
Soccer_aholicWhat amp? -- posted image.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Out of the 3 you listed I like the JBL. I used to sell them and I never had a problem with a single one I sold. They are 1 ohm stable which you need (note Im not saying the others arent). They are also fairly effiecent amplifiers. If you look at other posts on here alot of people have had great luck with them which is also a plus.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with Audiobahn amps, but Planet Audio builds some descent equipment, its actually the same manufacturers of the OLD Autotek amps, pretty good, and pretty reasonably priced, usually $1 per watt.
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I've had alotta luck with audiobahn. Some people are dissing audiobahn. Ive been using them for over 3 years now and never had a problem. The audiobahn amp line are really good. They put out clean power that is close to what they are rated at. The amp will last a long time and the sub you power will probally break before the amp does. The amp has a good cooling fan and doenst overheat very easily. The JBl would be my next choice if you decide to not go with audiobahn.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic