icon

stereo and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xpensiv 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I was just trying to install a Sony xplod cd player and an eclipse amp in a 97 Ford Explorer. Now It Doesn't have a Premium sound but apparently it has a factory amp. My problem is that the radio will not turn on unless the RCA's are plugged in. I did not use any screws nor did i pinch the RCA's but some how the radio will not play unless they are plugged in. The RCA"s are by Monster Cable. I checked the cables for voltage also and It did not show any. Can you help me figure this out please? Thank you for your time.
mack6820 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
You need to get rid of the factory amp. I had the same problem. Your trying to hook up a new amp to the factory amp and then tp the speakers. The amps are fighting each other. On my 94 Explorer, The amp was inside the passenger side rear panel in the cargo area. Its a pain to get to but you need to trash it.Then wire the speakers directly up to your new amp.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Do what mack6820 said and it will turn on and work
shawngdl 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
i think they should make a harness for your the last install i did with the mach 460 in a car i found a metra harness that byoasses the amp so it is easier to wire
mack6820 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2002 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
What I did was cut the wire harness off the factory amp. Mounted my amps behind the rear seat to the board that swings back and forth. Then I just used that wire that came from the factory amp and hooked it up to the amp. Works great and I didnt have to rewire all my speakers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic