icon

530t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LilRichard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
This guy had problems other than the function of the window module, and he also wasn't using a 530t. I have never had problems with any blown fuses- the only problems I have seen are with cars that came with factory one touch or cars that have power windows that create a large resistance load to the 530. Good luck.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

Agh, I have 1-touch with the driver's window.  What problems would that cause? 530t? - Page 2 -- posted image. 

(I promise, that's the last question!) 530t? - Page 2 -- posted image.

LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Well depending on how your one touch is setup, it might make the window inch down when you hit the down switch instead of going all the way down. The reason for this is the 530 reads the resistance of the factory one touch module instead of the window motor, so it shuts down the motion prematurely. I ran into this with my Ford- all I did was wire the module straight to the window motor. Just probe the wires at the motor, figure out the polarity for up and down, and then splice the module directly to those wires. Easy enough?
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

Ahh, easy enough...at least you figured out a way around it.....I think I read someone else's post on here that had that same problem about it inching down, I wonder if that was you :-)

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
actually the 530 t can give one touch up and down in both driver and passenger but in order for it to do passenger it has to be wired directly between the switch and motor in that door.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

So i'm assuming you don't have to do that for the driver's door?

Any then if you wanted 1-touch for the passenger, you could just drag the wire from the module into the passenger door (AGH, MOLEX PLUG 530t? - Page 2 -- posted image. )

LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I didn't figure I'd get into the details of wiring the passenger side up for one touch, simply because it is more of a pain than it is worth. Let them suffer.
studman 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

I have my 1 touch modules in place, and here's a little detail as to how it works.  I have 2 DEI 530T modules located behind the radio in my dash.  I have a 4 conductor 12 guage wire running into each door.  2 wires connect to the window motor.  2 wires connect to the window switch.  All 4 doors have 1 touch up/down.  The driver's side has 1 touch up/down for all 4 windows.  The reason that I had to run wires into the door is because my car is a Nissan Maxima.  Nissan decided to use a bi-directional communication method between the main body and the door harness.  They put a mini-CPU in each door.  Only 1 wire runs from the driver's door to the car's main ECU.  Then there is 1 wire from the ECU to each door.  Because the 530T cannot replicate the bi-direction information that Nissan uses, I had to tap between the mini-CPU and the Motor/Switch.  By doing so, I have 1 touch at all locations.

Now as for the remote up/down... you have several options.  You can use the remotes to vent/full rolldown the windows.  You can also have them roll back up via remote.... BUT.... not using the same button.  ALSO... if you have it wired so that the alarm rolls up the windows when it arms, you can't (you probably can...but I'm not sure how) have the remote roll them back up.  That feature would be dependent on the brain of the alarm, number of free channels, how it's wired to the 530T, etc.

As far as installation, try searching on yahoo.com for "acura forums".  Visit a forum and search their posts for help in regards to that.  They should also be able to provide step-by-step instructions (how-to), and possibly even wiring diagrams that should help.

Good luck.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2002 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

Phew, ok, just to get this straight 530t? - Page 2 -- posted image.

I have a 2-door Integra, with a switch on the driver's side for the driver and passenger window, and one switch on the passenger door for their window.  Is the following possible? :

1.  1-touch up/down from the driver's door of the driver's window AND the passenger window?  I'm assuming I'll have to splice into the switch and motor for each one.

2.  1-touch up/down on the passenger door's switch for that window?  I guess I'll have to drag the wire across to that door and splice in between the motor and switch?

I'm just don't get that in the directions, they have 2 wires for motor#1, 2 wires for motor#2, 2 wires for switch#1 and 2 wires for switch#2.  So to get the 1-touch of the passenger window at the driver's control AND at the passenger's door, do you have to split DEI's wire and go half to the driver's door and half to the passenger's door?

Hope this wasn't too confusing.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2002 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, a "diagram" is worth....here's what I'm talking about (if it doesn't link correctly, please just paste the address:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/p6ac05c85566ab7bed9138bf11139eae3/fd4d92de.jpg.orig.jpg

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic