icon

Newbie who needs help ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pilyo143 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 01 tahoe with a factory amp running the speakers. I have replace the head unit with  pioneer 6500dvd and I'm wondering if replacing the front and maybe rear with kicker k series 6 1/2 or polk db will make a difference? The stock speakersth are 4 ohms.

Also what would you guys recommend for  amp, i'm thinking of running two kicker l7 or one 15. Which configuration do you guys like better. Is there any difference between last year models and this year. Is the only difference between the L7 and L5 is the power that it can take ? I'm setting my budget between 500 to 700. I'm thinking of getting my stuff on fleebay or online.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

bfletcher 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I would definately replace the front speakers.  Front imaging is one of the most important aspects in my opinion. As far as subs that just depends on if you want a little sound quality or just a bunch of bass.  Good luck either way and as far as fronts I like the polks or some boston acoustics would be nice.
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
do your fronts with  high quality spend alot and get alot dont buy on ebay or online give a local shop a try take in a online price and most likely they will match it but you will not get the same warranty as online which is possibly none
tj
pilyo143 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

i like the polk db also, but the kicker k series is on sale for $49 at fry's.

I like a lot of bass with some sound quality also

pilyo143 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

The speaker that I'm talking about is just coaxial speaker. So do you guys think that  it will make a difference by replacing stock speaker using factory amp to power it.

Not all fleebay seller doesn't warranty their stuff. Some seller take a long time to warranty their stuff, but some are okey.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic