icon

Installing two decks in dash

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmitchell84 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a Pioneer CD player with motorized in-dash screen as well as a Pioneer navigation/dvd player that goes with it.  Both must be installed in the dash, but the CD player is already using the yellow (constant 12V), red (ACC 12V), illumination/dimmer wires.  How can I work around this?  I know it would be easier to get an all-in-one but I got a really really good deal on this stuff and I'd like to make it all work.

Someone already told me to use a relay for the ACC wire, to use a fused line for the Yellow constant power line and to just tap off the existing illumination/dimmer wire.  Exactly how would I do all this?  Thanks a lot for anyone that can help.  I'm also looking for wiring diagram for my vehicle, a 2000 Nissan Frontier King Cab, 2.4L -- but I think I ask for that in a different forum?

Also if it helps, my CD player with screen is Pioneer AVH-P6400CD and the navi/dvd is Pioneer AVIC-80DVD.  The CD player max current consumption is about 10A while the DVD max consumption is about 2A.  Thanks again to anyone...

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  
both of those units can use the same constant, acc, and illumination wires. don't worry, it should all be just fine to connect them together. strongly recommend that they share the same ground with should be a fairly close clean grounding point on the chasis.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
If you haven't cut any of the factory wires in the truck, get a wire harness adapter plug for it and then match up the colors. As Jimmeez said, they can share the same constant, Illunimation. So that you won't need a relay for the ACC wires (the red wire on both units), you can run one of them from the positive wire on the cigarrette lighter (on Nissans that is a swicthed 12volt wire not constant) and connect the other to the harness adapeter. I also second Jimmeez recommendation or grounging then to chasis as opposed to using the factory radio ground.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Installing two decks in dash -- posted image.
dmitchell84 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

Ok,

I've already got my CD player hooked up to a wire harness adapter.  Would it be ok to tap splice into the wiring harness' constant and illumination wires then for the switched 12V ACC wire just tap splice into the cig lighter positive side?  I only use that plug to charge my cell phone anyway...and I do have two plugs up front. 

As far as grounding would it be ok to leave the CD player grounded via the harness plug then when I get the Navi/DVD player installed just ground that to chassis somewhere close?  Reason I ask is to avoid all the trouble.  Thanks for your guys' help.

Donald

dmitchell84 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  

Alright well thanks a lot guys...I tapped into the constant and illumination wires already in the radio harness then tapped into one of the cig lighters for power and ground to the DVD player and it all works.  Only problem is that now I need a remote because the guy I bought it from lost the remote.  I also still have to hook up the wires for the reverse gear signal, the parking brake signal and the VSS wire.  Thanks again.

Donald

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic