icon

Why does it take so long to arm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmods 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes when I try to arm my viper 600hf, it wont arm right away. I notice that sometimes my alarm pager will trigger. Since they share some of the same zone wires, (door,shock,radar) Im wondering if this is whats keeping it from arming. Should I add diodes to the pager? If so how(which way)?thanks guys.
ranquist 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
the only thing that would cause a delay would be the dome light staying on.How old or new is the car and what kind
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Some alarms run a zone check before they arm to verify that all doors, trunk, hood, etc....  is closed.
Do it right the first time
madmods 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

If I get out of the car right away, it arms right away. if I put on my pedal and steering lock, It then delays. the I got to stand outside of it and keep hitting my button until it locks. My radar sensor is picking me up, and it makes my pager go off even though the alarm is not armed. I believe this is whats taking me so long to arm it. Any fixes out there?

thanks guys

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your proximity sensor is wired wrong.  On the black widows, you can tap into the shock sensor wires to run the proximity sensor.
Do it right the first time
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
You should really be using the *ground* while armed, to activate the radar sensor.
None of the sensor(s) should be active / live while the alarm is disarmed.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
madmods 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

I connected my radar according the the dei hf600 manual. The blue and green wires of the radar go to the green wire of the shock sensor. i did not use the ground when arm wire for that. Its like the radar is picking me up once I shut down the ignition, sending the signal to the pager, and this is preventing me from arming the car. it takes like 40+ seconds for me to be able to arm it. Its got me stumped. I am going to take the advice and get my solder gun out, and get rid of the taps. thanks for all your replys guys, its people like you that keep my property mine!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic