icon

Point of entry disable removal?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dax5 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

I recently had my car stolen (2k Jetta TDI) and it turns out the thief got a hold of the Valet key.... well I have the car back now, working great and freshly painted, but I know htis person still has this key...

So I either cap the lock, losing those great window functions... or, I make it so that the only way to disable the alarm and immobilizer is to use the remote, and turning the key won't do it. I have been informed this is possible, and you may only need to cut a singal signal wire from the door lock to the alarm (or comp)..... can anyone tell me if this is 1.a possibility and 2.Where I could retrieve this info so that I may implement this..as I am currently not sleeping well at night as a result... Even with the CLUB:)

I have looked up the wiring for the alarm on this site, still not sure which wire I need to cut coming out of the door....any info would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time ....
Ever

Dax
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the dealership and have your keys reporogrammed for your car. The factory immoblizer will keep a thief from taken the car once the new program is active and that will render the old key usless.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
i'm kind of curious how a "thief" got ahold of your valet key....  I'm sure the police would have been too......  
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
dax5 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Well, the running theory is that there was one in the car.... presumably in the glovebox, or stuffed in the Manual case that was unknown to myself or my wife......we are the second owners, and were not made aware that such a key existed. Police never cared to be honest, and the insurance company assumed they found the key but it made no difference in the claim. Thats really an aside, cause the whole point of this post is to prevent it from getting stolen AGAIN!!!!

Guess no one on these boards can help though.... thanks anyhow:)

Dax

Dax
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
- Have the immobolizer changed and/or programmed differently.
- Add an aftermarket alarm system to the car.
The obvious thing is to change all the lock cylinders on the car, but honestly who wants to do that. By the way, did you have the car painted a different color? Maybe the thief won't recognize it..
And to answer your question there should be a wire coming off of the key cylinder that works your factory alarm. A lot of the new cars coming out the factory alarms don't disarm by turning the key in the door anymore. Nice security feature, pain for us installers to bypass the factory alarms. We don't work on a lot of VW's so I don't have any specific info for you. If anything get a wiring schematic of the driver door / lock cylinder from the dealer and go from there.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic