icon

Tired of aftermarket components.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eternalek 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well not totally but know that i got some attention does anyone else feel the same way as i do?
Ive been installing for about 3 years now and it seems like over and over again with alot of different components i notice that they really dont sound that great to me, what im trying to say is, it seems like more and more im liking the sound of alot of oem speakers more,
components that are 2 or 3 ways seems to be lacking the midbass that i really like in my music, i dont want to have to add a sub just to even out the bright ass sound of alot of components, it just seems like alot of factory systems sound very well rounded now,
on top of that i really think that oem cd players look the best as well, so before i go ripping all my audio out and go back to stock (which i have to buy over again) do you guys reccomend anything that has a nice clean sound to it that can be powered off of the headunit well enough, im really not looking for seperates or anything, or adding a amp, i do that sh*t all day i want want something plain and simple,
anyone else out there feel the same way? or i am just going to hear that im not adjusting things properly or im not using the right product crap.Tired of aftermarket components. - Last Post -- posted image.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  

You really need to listen to our Koda 6.1 component set.  The mid has some crazy throw at 7mm, which gives it a lot of midbass.  Plus the set was designed for off axis mounting, so you will get a flat frequency response in stock locations.  The only downside is that I don't think it will work very well off of deck power.  Here's a link: http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/components/components.htm

I usually don' t do this, as I hate it when a company tries pushing their own stuff in the forums.  But this is the way I felt before I worked for Adire Audio.  Unfortunately that means that now when I give this opinion it looks like spam.  So because of that, I recomend you going to a forum like Car Audio Forum and do a search.  I'm sure you will find that my above coments are shared by everyone who has heard them.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio 

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I feelt the same way,  until i started noticeing that the cheeper alpine's  (type-s) are actually made to keep the same punch as the factory speakers, , but with an added twist.  Needless to say, i now this month at least have type-s coaxials in my pathfinder just because off the punch they have.  Altho when you get a sub, these kind of speakers that put out lots off bass tend to crap out before the sub reaches its peak.  So thats where the better speakers come it.   But then again, you know that too.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
lensam69 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

Not necesarily better speakers... a nice crossover will do...

forbidden wrote:
Wrong advice young grasshopper, go back to square one and do not pass go.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic