icon

extra options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shinobi_magic 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
okay i want to add power windows and power mirrors to my ae86 (1986 toyota corolla SR5) how hard would it be to do this, i am already adding a second battery and alt for the stereo so that should free up a little power on the factory wires
what i can't hear you, i need a bigger stereo my brother in japan can't hear it
crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

SPAL makes a good easy to install aftermarket power windows kit, as far as power mirrors, I have never seen an aftermarket kit for that, but doesn't mean they don't make it.!!!!!

If you cannot find one, you can check out a local junk yard and find a car like yours that has power mirrors and buy the components and do the wiring yourself.

Craig

Sagrox2000 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 1988 Corolla and it has power mirrors and the mirrors are the same as they are on yours.

Later,

Dantax

"Alpine Is The Top Dog"
84celica 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

Go to any junk yard and look for your car that has the power windows already installed. I did this for my 84 Celica and they bolt in without a hitch...

Jeff
shinobi_magic 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2002 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
jeff you mean a car like mine right, or do you mean any car kind of confused me there----------dantax, you mean you have power windows and the mirrors are just like mine or you have power mirrors and they look just like mine
what i can't hear you, i need a bigger stereo my brother in japan can't hear it
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

Getting a factory PW system from the same car the junkyard has its advantages, especially make it easier to mount in the door itself. What can be harder is wiring a factory system because they often go through factory computer modules or are just plain wired goofy. Also, I had a 90 corolla, i know from experience, they don't make many of these cars with all the options, so it is nearly impossible to find one of these cars in the junkyard with these options on it.

Good luck though.

Brad

werd

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic