the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

professional installations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Supposedly, yes.  And he should probably pay for your 3.5's assuming the shop warranties their work.  But if you are pushing your little 40 watt amplifier into clipping (which can be done at ANY point on your volume control depending on how it was set up) then it is your fault.  So if you find yourself turning it up just to that point where you are not supposed to go past, or if you are cranking up the bass control, you are pushing it too hard and your system is too small for your taste.  You need a larger amp.
Support the12volt.com
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
but the thing is yes my amp is rated at 40 watts per channel. ok fine. but the RMS on the speakers are 20 and the max is 50. :P the bass control i have for the mains is only the HU and thats my equalizer, and they're on low.
xTimx
xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
actually my amp is rated at 75watts per channel
xTimx
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

MB Quart speakers have a 3 year warranty in Canada when purchased from an authorized dealer and installed by an authorized dealer. (receipt necessary for warranty - otherwise 1 year warranty). The retail price of these speakers is actually $169.00 CDN. If you paid $300.00 I hope that it came with a touque, cus you got it up the bum. Many dealers have these speakers in stock, I can see 3pr from my perch at the counter right now.

75w rms per channel is a little on the high side to be running to these speakers. I hope that the gain control is as low as possible and the crossover is set to hp. What is the frequency setting of the crossover, it may be too low. I would also guess that the other part of the problem is the consistent power that you are sending to these speakers. It is probably melting the voicecoils because of the excessive amount of heat being generated by this amount of power.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
TY DYohn for clarifying my point professional installations - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
well i swear to God with my own eyes i have seen these speakers on for regular 300$, but i dont think i have paid the full 300$, but hey Rob can you send those speakers to visions electronics by any chance!? lol. and yes the gain is as low as possible and set to HP filter. just remember now. i didnt install these speakers and tweak them out. visions did. so blame them! lol
xTimx
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
OK, where are you at man. I know the visions in Regina has at last one set in stock, at least on friday they did because I was there and saw them. Second off mabye you should put caps on those 3.5's since the hp crossover on the Rockford amp is set at I think 80hz. If im right thats still to low for 3.5's. Also the amp is 75 watts a channel at 2 ohms not 4. At 4 ohms its like 40 watts a channel. Now the other thing I have to say is you have had those speakers for 2 years and they blew after the installer set up the system. Now It is possible that those speakers were on their way out and it was coincidence that they blew after you got the system tuned. Unlikely but possible and because of that I doubt that any shop is gonna replace them outta good faith. Get visions to look up your bill and see if it says that you got install when you bought the speakers because if they installed them they have o get them warrentied but if they did not originally install them than if afraid you are SOL. Also them tweeking the system doesnt count as them installing them.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Im surprised those speakers lasted that long.  They should be cut off at around 250 hz.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic