the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 881XP trunk trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
On my Subaru I have a trunk trigger wire that gives a negative pulse as does the door trigger. However no alarm wire is listed in the directions for what alarm wire is to be used. The key fob even has a trunk indicator. I know I could tie it into the door trigger but that defeats the idea of separate zones being indicated. Anyone know what wire to use?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
look at the main 12pins harness. theres a instant trigger or multiplex trigger, i think its for the trunk.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
What year and model Subaru is it?? In some cars mainly hatchback and SUV's the trunk trigger wire is common with the door trigger. In those cases you do not need a trunk trigger cause they are all tied in together. If there is a separate trunk trigger wire you would use the blue negative trigger wire from your alarm brain. This wire is actually between the purple + trigger wire and the green - trigger wire.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
From what I remember at the Subaru forums, brunetmj has a WRX sedan. The trunk trigger wire is not tied into the door trigger wire on the sedan, but it is on the wagon (I have one). You connect the trunk trigger to the blue multiplexed input wire on the 12 pin harness. It will show up as trunk on the remote control display.
Neutral Position Sensor wire at the ECU gets connected to the thin grey hood pin input on the 881XP.
If you have any other sensors connected to those inputs you will need to diode isolate them from each other.
You start the install yet?, or are you just in the planning stages?
brunetmj 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Goodness Jworm,
I have an 04 WRX-STI.
After reading your post and looking more closely at the diagrams on the last page of the manual it is labeled trunk trigger! It does not however show up in the main body of the manual anywhere.argg...thanks very much and to others for helping. I am finished running all the wiring but have not connected the brain yet. I did tie in the "car" neutral sense wire to the hood pin and used a diode to isolate it. I connected the "alarm " neutral wire to the ebrake wire. So the car will not remote start if the hood is up, the ebrake is not up or the car is not in neutral.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
no. take that neutral safty wire and connect it only to ebrake or ground. the only thing that should connect to hood pin is grey wire diode isolate is good but this wire is designed to do what you want already so by having nuetral safety wire connected to both is a waist. and not needed just more clutter. and all hells fails on the trunk wire find the trunk light and test the two wires if one show ground at the light when the trunk is open theres your mark,. some cars do not have a wire running to the front accesable. so you have to run one., even new cars. so find that negative wire usually at at light and diode isolate the wire where the negative going to the light has one the diode on it and two twist the wire from blue wire of alarm and use either solder or a butt connector than take the other end of diode and connect it to the wire comming from light which you had to cut.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
brunetmj 
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
djfearny2 wrote:
no. take that neutral safty wire and connect it only to ebrake or ground. the only thing that should connect to hood pin is grey wire diode isolate is good but this wire is designed to do what you want already so by having nuetral safety wire connected to both is a waist.
Thanks for your help. What might be confusing here is that we are talking about two different neutral sensing wires. The CAR neutral sense wire and the Alarm neutral sense wire. Subaru is one of the few manual transmission cars that has it's own neutral sense wire. By using the car neutral wire to the hood pin and the alarm neutral sense wire to the ebrake the car cannot be remotely started unless the car is in neutral and the ebrake is up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic