icon

Speaker Box Carpet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where I can buy the dark black speaker box carpet that you would use to cover a woofer box or profesional DJ speakers?  I live in Southern California and we have all the major chain stores here.  Would I have to go to a speaker repair store, fabric store, upholstry store, or do you think a hardware store or some other place would carry it?  I'm looking for dark black and not the usual gray color. Thanks!
Speaker Box Carpet -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Patpjrick 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
check out the local auto parts store. ive seen it at pep boys and Strauss discount auto here in jersey.  or you can buy it from sounddomain.com
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
I've bought some off ebay before.
djdaveoc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
I'll try the autoparts stores. I think I looked at the stuff at Pep Boys before and it wasn't what I was looking for.  I think a company called Orange County Speaker has what I need and I won't have to pay 4x the cost of the carpet for shipping.  I'll keep looking until I find what I need.  Then again, maybe I'll talk to someone at an upholstry place and see if they can cover my stuff in vinyl if I don't go with carpet or paint instead.  Decisions, decisions.
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

im sure youll find some at automotive stores.  i wanted my box to stand out a little, so im going to use some awesome suede type material that i found at a fabric store.  ive even seen some stuff at walmart that looks pretty good.  plus, the carpet from the auto stores is really stiff, so it doesnt like curves very well.  which my box has a lot of. 

djdaveoc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Sam1, where do you live?  Where did you find the swade material?  If you have a link to any website that shows what it is or any information about it that would be great, thanks!
doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Jo anns or Michael's has a pretty good selection of fabrics, seude and vinal, the artsy fartsy stores are great resourses and most are reasonably priced.
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
^^^Joanns.  thats the place.  i forgot the name, but i know where it is here.
djdaveoc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I'll probably go back to Joanns.  A cute girl works there and that's the only place I found fleece to use for the first layer of glassing.  I guess I'll have to go back and stare at her more and maybe buy something at the same time, darn!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic