icon

DEI Pulse Timer Relay DEI528T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bxscig 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

I know that the DEI528T can be programmed to be activated for 1 to 90 seconds with a (+) or (-) pulse or change of state.  Now, pretend it has been activated and it is closed to set to run for 90 seconds.  10 seconds into it, I want the circuit open now and not to complete the 90 seconds.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
There are a whole bunch of ways to do it; what are you trying to do with this, so that we could give you a specific suggestion?
bxscig 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to use this timer to emulate pushing the close or open button of the sunroof.  So that once I push it, it activates the 528T so that it closes the sunroof circuit to either close or open.  I will use one 528T for open and one for close.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
For that I'd use DEIs 529T, sunroof control module. They usually aren't too expensive ($30-50 maybe?) and can pretty much do what you want without an elaborate hookup.
If you can't get a 529T, you might see if your alarm's outputs can be programmed to be timed, and then just use them with relays. I know DEIs you can program for like 15 or 30 seconds, and when you hit the button again in that time it stops.
bxscig 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
With the 529Ts I would have to connect them directly to the motor and if I do that the sunroof on closing will go into a tilt mode.  This is on a 2003 Acura TL.  Is there a way to stop the 528T while it is running?  Will sending another pulse to the trigger input stop it?
bxscig 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible to interrupt the 528T in its timed duration?
bxscig 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, I don't have a DEI528T yet to play with but will disconnecting for a split second either the +12 or ground on the 528T stop the timer if it was active?
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
is it correct that i can use  528T to make a peizo (possibly a strobe also) be delayed on a full trugger for a certain amount of time?  like wait 10-20 seconds?  that way the car isnt totally annoying everytime it gets set off.  just long enought that i can get the page, see what happened and stop the trigger.  i park behind my install bay so the car is right there to check on.  but i dont need bells and whistles that i have to hurry to stop.
MECP certified installer
brivalen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

I had gone through a similer situation with mu 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee sunroof. I tried the DEI moduiles but when the sunroof was close the you give the DEI a close input, it would vent the roof. I got around this by installing a magnetic reed switch so that the car would"know" if the sunroof was already cloesed and if so, the close signal would never reach the DEI module.

bxscig 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

I still need some DEI528Ts.  Don't want to pay like $25 so I can try something out.  If anyone has used or watever I will take them.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic