icon

2001 eclipse wiring w/infinity system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wirewalker 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am hoping someone can help me. I need the wiring diagram for a 2001 eclipse single cd w/infinity system.I am tring to mate a pioneer digital E.Q. to the stock stereo and do not want to fry the cd player. From what I understand there   is an amp somewhere, I am not really concerned with it because after the E.Q. I am running RCA cables to the hatch where it will meet up with my own amps.. Any help is greatly appriciated.....
Chappy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a new head unit in my 2000 eclipse with the infinity system. It sounds amazing. I used the factory amp so that it would run the voice speaker in the dash as well as the front components. I had to splice the factory din (I could have bought an adapter but I did the same thing with $3 worth of stuff from radioshack) and everything works now including the clock in the dash. I am re-installing my 2- 12's and amp tomorrow. I am confident that this system sounds as good or better than anything you can put together with an amp running your mids and highs. if you want any info on what I did or how I did just email me. the addy is in my profile.
Imagination and drive are the keys to greatness.
2000' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Chappy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
i replied to your private message. now one thing I heard about when I was gathering infomation is that if you use the factory amp like I did then you will double amplify the speakers. I don't believe that for a second. the stereo sounds awesome and was cheap. all the factory speakers work including the ":voice" speaker above the clock. and now I can add an amp without using a crappy line level converter. I put the amp and sub from my jeep in there to see how it sounded and it bumped. and the stock speakers sound good with it too. of course you can upgrade the factory speaker if you want but you don't need to for killer sound. The factory amp was designed for the stock speakers and they sound great together. But if you do upgrade you should use 6.5" componants up front, you don't need a x-over. The amp does that itself. just put the speakers in the proper spots and life is good. the 6x9's in the back were blown in my wifes eclipse so I used some cheap sony xplods and they sound great. good luck.
Imagination and drive are the keys to greatness.
2000' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic