icon

new setup option

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
well, the guy at the shop said if my kicker was still good he could trade it towards a e series jl amplifier, the new 1400D 400 watt rms at 2 ohm 12.2 volts. should i run this amp to the single eclipse 87121dvc 4+4 dvc's
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I' ll bet that this would do a great job for you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
sounds loud already.
Quad L Handyman services
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
you really think it will pound?  cuz i was very upset with my old setup (2 of these subs and a kicker 400/2) cuz i was comparing it to 2 jl audio w3v2's on a jl 500/1 and it came nowhere close.  but i just think the jl amp did the trick with the other kids system....what do u think i could POSSIBLY hit on termlab? like 132 maybe? with the right enclosure windows up dash mount mic and seats down
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
bump^^^^
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
You can't compare different subs in different boxes on different amps in different vehicles. Your other option is going to be to get an amp that will drive that sub + your other one when it gets back from service (was you correct?) or if you choose to replace the subs in the future (they are a little close to the old speakers home now - an oldy but a goodie). In your old setup you were (if I remember right) drastically underpowering those subs, when this happens you cannot expect the output of any sub to be what they were designed to do. Next up is the box, build the box to the right parameters for the sub and away you go.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
well forbidden, i must say nice memory lol, yes its me that is sending the eclipse in for repair, and the amp im running (1400D jl e series) will push 400 RMS so about 600 if i needed it.  The box im going to make is for two subs BUT i will only be running one, can i just shove the old sub in for time being? or will this mis claculate everything for the box? im going to pick up some jl w3's soon to push off that amp. and im gunna put the box right at about 1.2 cu. ft. per sub i believe, which is .1 over the eclipse so no biggy. is this safe to do, cuz i would rather not have to build another box.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic