icon

2003 Chevy Tahoe remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losone 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 tahoe that I just installed an autopage 850 with remote start .  The problem I have is that when I remote start it the abs & parking brake light come on until I use the key. The auto page only as 2 ignition outputs & one accessory wire, which I have connected to the pink ign 1, white ign 2 & the brown acc. 

I believe I have a thrid ign which is orange, & being that that is not connected to the alarm could be why im getting the abs light?? The question I have is, IS this orange wire the ign 3 or another acc wire( ive seen it called both in other posts)??? And how should I connect it?? I've been told to use a relay & connect it to the ign 2 of the alarm, & also to connect it with a relay to the alarms acc wire, & autopage told me to use a diode & connect it to the ground when running wire going to the passlock bypass???

Im really confused as to how to finish this installation, what wires do you guys use on 2003 chevys???

Thanks

rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

ItemWire ColorPolarityWire Location
12Vred & RED / white+ignition harness
STARTERyellow+ignition harness
IGNITIONpink+ignition harness
ACCESSORYorange+ignition harness
SECOND ACCESSORYwhite+ignition harness
TACHOMETERNOT pinkany fuel injector
POWER LOCKuse Directed module
POWER UNLOCKpart #456G *3
PARKING LIGHTS +browndriver kick panel
PARKING LIGHTS -gray/blackheadlight switch
DOOR TRIGGER*1-*1
HEADLIGHTSpink or white-headlight switch
WIPERS
LF WINDOW UP/DNblue - brownALF window switch in door
RF WINDOW UP/DNlt. blue - tanARF window switch in door
LR WINDOW UP/DNblue - brownALR window switch in door
RR WINDOW UP/DNblue - brownARR window switch in door
TRUNK/HATCH PINpink/black-harness to BCM *2
HOOD PIN
TRUNK/HATCH RELEASE
FACTORY ALARM ARM
FACTORY ALARM DISARMlt. green-driver door module in door
HORN TRIGGERblack or blk/yel-column or gray plug @ BCM *2
BRAKE WIREwhite+brake pedal switch
LOCK MOTORgraydriver door module in door
UNLOCK MOTORtandriver door module in door
DISARM DEFEATtandriver rear door harness
DISARM NO UNLOCKnone
DOME SUPERVISIONcomes on with disarm
SPEED SENSE
SUN ROOF OPEN/CLOSE
SUN ROOF LIMIT
LF SPEAKER
RF SPEAKER
LR SPEAKER
RR SPEAKER
RADIO 12V
RADIO GROUND
RADIO SWITCH
RADIO ILLUMINATE
POWER ANTENNA

Notes:NOTE: This vehicle has the passlock II immobilizer system that, when adding a remote start, must be interfaced with. Use DEI part 555t or 555L. *1 The driver door trigger is gray/black at the driver door module in the door. The RF door trigger is BLACK/ white at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door trigger is lt. blue/black and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, they are in a harness in front of the fusebox leading to the BCM rear plug. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. *2 The BCM (Body Control Module) is located behind the headlight switch. *3 If Directed module part #456G is not available, refer to directfax document #1601. Upper trim level vehicles may have a door lock switch on the right rear panel. If present use white (-) for lock and lt. blue (-) for unlock.

rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

What transponder bypass are you using?

autopage told you right, check out the relays page(s) here on 12volt:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_topics.asp?fid=5

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp

Look for this at the bottom of the page too:

Relays:
Converting Polarity
Starter Interrupts
Door Locks
Illuminated Entry & Light Flash
Special Applications

losone 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
Im using the passlock unit from crimestopper. All that seems to be working fine.  So your saying rather than splitting one of the ignition ouputs from the alarm  with a relay, to use the ground while running output from the alarm.  Since I beleive this is a negative output, does it need to be converted to positive to power the extra ignition/acc wire??
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
yep, since all ACCs/IGNs are isolated, lets keep 'em that way and use another relay to power it up.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
just wanted to know how the install went.. i will be puting the same alarm in my 2001 tahoe. do u have any tips for me? any sites with wiring diagrams? please help and reply. thanks.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
www.7thgencivic.com has Directtech diagram which are pretty detailed. need to sign up for the site, its free.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
A little late, but you need to fire up the pink with ignition 1, the white with ignition 2, and the orange with accessory 1. You don't need the brown 99% of the time. If you power up the previous wires and still have problems turn on the brown as accessory 2 using 2 relays off of the accessory 1.
Mike
superfly 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

A little word of advice to add, check to make sure there are not 3 ign wires, if it does it will have 2 pinks and 1 white, the small 18 gauge pink wire must be powered up or damage to the vehicles transmission will occur, this wire powers the computer for the transmission and it doesnt like it when the vehicle is running and there is no power on this wire.  This wire is usually just to the right of one of the red 12 volt constant wires in the steering column harness connector.

Chris

Check twice, install once. Superfly

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic