icon

Subs for 94 Talon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s2000vtc 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
What subs would you put in a 94 Eagle Talon? I'm trying to decide between 3-4 10s or 2-3 12s and what ones. I have no problem losing the back seat since it's useless anyway, but I want to be as close as possible to the middle ground between SQ and SPL? I've been out of the sub game for a while so any advice/suggestions are welcome.
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
i also have a talon, and juding from trunk space there is no way you will fit those subs in there, unless you loose the back seat as you said.  but all that i am going to do is probably run one good good 12" with a great powerful amp, upgrade my alternator and my battery, toss a cap in and i am good to go.  i plan to hit over 150 with it. 
bring on the boom!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I'll bet you that I could make something work...... all it takes is a little creativity. This is a pretty much a blanket question though, there are too many holes to be filled in. Like what db do you hope to hit, what kind of music do you play, can you sacrifice the spare tire, can I use a whole pile of fibreglass, how long can I have your car, what do you want it to look like, are you prepared to pay for a big bejesus amp to power these subs and while your at it a HO alternator and battery, what about wiring, what cd player do you have, are you concerned that the subs may cause it to skip and if so are you prepared to replace it? No back seat is cool but it is way more creative to have a working and functional system in a working and functional vehicle.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
thepebble 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
hows it going,...  Well to be perfectly honest I have one solobaric s10L5 in a slot ported box, designed for SPL, However I have a five channel eclipse amp and the subout pushes 230 watts.  Well my system is one of the loudest in my city -no joke-  In my opinion multiple subs look cool but your best bet is to have quality...  Another bonus to my system is that it only takes half of my hatchback space...  And i'm still hitting over 150, so you dont need lots of subs for lots of bass -g luck-
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
How in the hell are you hitting over 150 db with 230 watts going to a kicker L5. I mean, im not calling bullsh*t or anything, Im just saying that that number seems super high for that set up, esspecially since at my store we had a 15" L7 running off about 1100 watts rms and we were only getting about 151 on the meter. Is that outlaw or standard measurements?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
what is outlaw and standard measurment?
doesnt the car affect the spl levels? meanine in car would be louder than just in the shop?
Quad L Handyman services
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Ok to reinterat the sub was in a MX-3 in our shop, not just on the floor. In outlaw competion you can put the mic anywhere in the car including inside the port so the measurements are way louder. You can also have the doors, windows, trunk etc open when you do this measurement. Standard competion is when the mic is positioned, and I may have these measurements wrong but I'll try, 4 inches in from the passanger pillar, 3 inches above the dash and 1 inch from the windshield. The latter is a far better comparison because the guide lines are stricter. Also in regualr competion everything has to be closed on the car.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
ahh alright.... thanks
Quad L Handyman services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic