the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

crossover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Rob , this amp has built in active crossovers. You do not need passive crossovers in any case. Now here is where the problem lies. This amp is a 4 channel that has hp on the front and lp on the rear. If you want to hook your 2 4 ohm subs up to this amp and run the amp in the bridged mode, meaning 4 channels bridged into 2, this is where your problem is. I would not use the crossovers in the amp at all. Does the cd player you have use a sub preout and if so does that preout have a crossover included in it. A quick check of the cd players instuctions will tell all. If the cd player does not have this sub preout or crossover then it in your best interest to purchase an active crossover of some type. You will want one that is called a 2 way crossover, some may include a line driver as well. One that I will recommend is the Audio Control 2XS or the Caliber CX2R found on the same site under the equalizer section. This will make that amp behave like it should. An active crossover comes before amplification and splits the signal properly. This makes much greater use of your available amplifier power. Need more info, drop us a post, hope this helps.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
robblackman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

do you know where i can find a easy to follow circuit drawing of the above as this the first time ive tried this

once again thanks in advance 

rob

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

A diagram may be included with the crossover, buy that Caliber CX2R that I found on the site you listed and we can go from there. You will also need two short rca cable and 2 rca y splitters (maybe but have them just in case). They should be female to 2 male.

robblackman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

hi

i now have all the parts mentions above but the instrustions leave a lot to be desired as mentioned .

could you please help me find a simple drawing or web site

help

thanks in advance ]

rob

forbidden 
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Rob, please post me your e-mail address.
forbidden 
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Rob got your e-mail but my store is overflowing right now. I have to look after my paying customers first. I hope that one of the other fine members of the site can pick up where I left off. If I have a chance to post on this I will.

robblackman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  

hi anyone

help

thanks in advance

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Xover goes between head unit and amp, set it a low pass, set the amp both on full range.  Adjust freq range on Xover and make both sides equal for your subs.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

Send the sub output (or which ever one you are sending to your subs) from your cd player to the input on the crossover. Then split the sub output (or lowpass output) on the crossover with rca splitters and send the signal to the front and rear inputs on your amp. Then set the amp's built in front and rear crossovers to full range (or off). Then adjust the crossover frequency on the external crossover (I would play around with the crossover setting until you feel the sub is matched to your main speakers). Here is a diagram:

crossover - Page 2 -- posted image.

robblackman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

hi

thanks for the above infomation ,one question why do you use the high pass output and not the lowpass ?

thanks in advance

rob

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic