icon

Video Source Switcher

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
I want to install some screens in my 99 EB Expedition.  Im looking to put one in the passenger sunvisor (how hard is this to do and make it look clean), one in the back of each front seat for the middle row, and either a 15" flip down in the middle for the back seat, or two 7" (one on each side).  But I would like to do two playstation 2's, a tv tuner, a dvd player, and a vcr.  I want each screen to be able to select from any of the sources, so anyone can watch or do whatever they want.  Ive seen people that have things like this before on cardomain and other sites like that, what would a product that lets you select from multiple sources and switch in and out for all screens be called and about how much should I expect to spend on one?
Llajumpvid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=205-458&DID=7 I think this is what you want.  I have one that I did not use in my install (put in one that allowed me to use my factory navigation unit as a 2nd monitor).  If you're interested send me a PM and we can arrange either going through ebay or paypal.  I'd sell it for $100 including shipping within USA. 

sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Would this allow me to watch multiple different sources on mulitple different monitors and interchange between them?

Like, if I were to play a playstation game in the backseat against another person in the back who is playing on a different monitor, and then swtich to a different source on only one monitor, such as a dvd or vcr?

Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, I'll open it up tonight and see if there is anything in the operating manual for how it switches.  My monitors that came with it have a source button on them that allow you to switch between sources.  I'm not 100% certain if other monitors will work but I don't know why they wouldn't as long as they have a source button.  When I hit the source button on my monitor it says ch1, ch2 etc. so I think this thing puts all 4 sources out on different channels and the monitor selects which source.  You might call parts express and verify if it will work with any other monitors??

Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ok it has 4 composite inputs and 1 rgb input,  1 rgb output and the 4 monitor outputs are 8 pin jacks.  I've only seen the Blaupunkt IVMS7001 monitors so I don't know if this type of jack is common for other monitors.  If you send me your email I will scan the pages with all the info.
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
What you want is a video switcher.  A couple of manufacturers make them and it'll do what you want it to do.  Play multiple sources on different screens.  How it works is usually through a button or module that the switcher comes with.  One for each screen.  Hope this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic