the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

enhancing the front stage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2004 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn... Ummm, I really do not know, but likely spendy. The 6 inch version is 385 a pair enhancing the front stage - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. so these are likely about 400 a pair. I know, ouch, but they're MORELS! This is NOT supposed to be a cheap hobby, is it? I was thinking they ARE a little short on the Xmax, too, but I am willing to bet there is nothing out there in the 5 or 6 inch world with anything longer, and if you are only gonna run 'em, say, 50 to 200 Hz (@ 48dB, of course), 8.6mm will be plenty. (additionally, the Qts of .5 is MUCH more favorable to door installations, rather than the .95 for the 162's I presently use). Then 200 to 3.5K with a 3 inch mid, into a GOOD tweeter at 3500, oughta sound pretty sweet! I was also noticing that they are FINALLY building drivers with some kind of efficiency, the MW-162 I have right now is only 84dB, this is why I gotta beat 'em with 370 watts per side!
As far as building the doors, netboy, I couldn't tell you, sorry. enhancing the front stage - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. I have never done it either, but there is a pretty good fiberglasss section linked off of the front page here... try that as a start, this is where I will be going for my pointers. Get with me, and we can bounce some ideas off each other.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic