channel 4 to control underbody neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
live42day 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I have a Viper 791xv with channel 4 and 5 options(latched,validity etc...)I want to hook up channel 4 to turn on and off the neons and also have an independant switch inside car. How would I go about that? I have 3 years experience with alarms, just never did any option cahnnels before until now.

I am going to show you what the install manual says:

H2/3 VIOLET/BLACK 200 mA (-) programmable channel 4 output

This wire provides a (-) 200mA output whenever the transmitter button(s) controlling Channel 4 is pressed. This

output can be programmed to provide the following types of outputs (see also the Feature Menus section):

” Validity: Output that will send a signal as long as the transmission is received.

” Latched: Output that will send a signal when the Channel 4 button(s) is pressed and will continue until the

same button(s) is pressed again.

” Latched, reset with ignition: Similar to the latched output, this type of output turns on the first time the

Channel 4 button(s) is pressed and turns off the next time the same button is pressed. This type of output

additionally stops and resets whenever the ignition is turned on and then off.

” 30-second timed: Output that will send a continuous signal for 30 seconds.

” Second unlock output: This output can also be programmed to provide a second unlock pulse whenever the

disarm button is pressed within 15 seconds after disarming the system. This setting could be used to unlock the passenger doors when installing progressive door locks, for instance.

NOTE: Programming Channel 4 for second unlock will link the VIOLET/BLACK H2/3 wire to the unlock

button. Pressing the unlock button once will send an output to the H4/A or H4/C unlock output.

Pressing the unlock button a second time within 15 seconds will send a negative (-) unlock pulse

to the VIOLET/BLACK wire.

IMPORTANT! Never use this wire to drive anything but a relay or a low-current input! This transistorized

output can only supply 200 mA, and connecting directly to a solenoid, motor, or other

high-current device will cause the module to fail.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

live42day 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
What I need to know is how to wire this setup above....
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
All you'd need is a relay. You could wire it as follows(this assumes that the neons get switched 12v+):
86 and 87 - constant fused 12v+
30 - output wire to neons
85 - channel 4 or 5 output wire from alarm
You could hook a 2-wire switch up as follows - one side to terminal 85, the other side to ground.
Also, you could program it as latched, 30 second timed, or latched/reset with ignition.
live42day 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help Chris!!

So will this setup turn that neg. output into a positive to activate the neons?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yes!
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic