Is this enough info to build a sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrdragon 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys,

I just wondering with the following info can someone able to decide what is the right size box for the sub??? i thinking of  a seal box but need to measurement and i can't find the manual fo the sub. The sub is Cerwin Wega 10"

The parameters are:S-10D
Fs  58 
Qes  0.761
Qms  6.081             
Qts  0.677
Vas 0.747 cu ft
Xmax  0.314"
PE  75 watts rms per coil

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

Try THIS calculator.  It's fun.  Read the "help" page for explanation, and remember the volume results given are in litres.

Fs = 58Hz?  Hmm, that sounds more like a woofer designed for a 2-way stereo main application and not a subwoofer....

Support the12volt.com
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hi again,

I did enter all the info Vas = .0747, Qts = .0677, Fs = 58, Drivers = 2...........and the result is Closed: Vb: 16.49, Qtc: 0.707.

Now how do what out how big is the sub going to be....if possible can you work it out for me as well???

Thanks once again :)

mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hi sorry forgot to ask you this ...is the sub i got at the moment worse buiding?? coz i ain't i rahter get a new one!

Cheers :)

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
First, you have to convert the Vas number to litres.  (cuft X 28.32 = litres)  This results in a sealed enclosure size of 171.2 litres per sub (that's 6, count 'em 6 cubic feet PER sub.)  And with an Fs at 58Hz, your enclosure resonpse is crap below 90 Hz.  NOT a good woofer for a sealed enclosure .  Ported is much better, with an enclosure almost half the size (3.9 cuft per sub) and a tuning frequency of 34Hz.  Are you SURE you have the specs right for this woofer?  What model CV is it??
Support the12volt.com
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i am sending a pic sub maybe you can help me to find the manual, i been looking for the manual on the net for a long time but with no luck. it's a DVC sub.

Sorry i just read the size restriction only 30 K...let me send it again....if i did send it pls forgive me its a mistake ok??

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

Can you post this info on CAA as well or is it already posted there?

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

CAA???

mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Guys thanks anyway for all the help....i am thinking of getting a 12" sub....just so sick of looking for the spec since this sub is more than 10 yrs old.

Thanks once again for all the help guys :)

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Car Audio Australia....... Once in a while I need to go on a vacation and post there as well, with the same name of course. A 10 year old sub, use it knock out that Croc and get yourself a new sub.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic