icon

Cd Changer Cable Converter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
faceboy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

I havent received the items I bought yet, but I bought a JVC kd-lhx 500 deck and I have an existing Alphine 6 disc cd changer, and I was wondering if i could connect them together. I believe the Alpine is a standard 9 pin cable but I think the deck will be different as JVC makes their own line of changers. i was wondering if in the case they are not compatible, whether there was a converter to change the heads on them to fit and how would I go about it passing it through a a Sirius Satelite tuner. Thanks

Greg S 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

It's not going to work, not only do they have totally different connectors, they have totally different logic protocols.  Sort of like trying to hook and Apple and Windows bases computers to each other in the old days, just won't work.  If you want a CD changer then you'll have to fond a JVC one to hook up, or get an RF modulator and controller for the Alpine.

Greg Stoddard

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic