icon

big hole in the roof liner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

ya... i have a Ford dealer who sent an 04 Freestar over for a roof mount screen/dvd combo.   The only place to mount it was a little far back...... customer wants it changed to be further forward.    Ford dealer told me that if i can make this customer happy and move it, he has 10 more Freestars to come for the same combo.  I have devised a good way of securely mounting it further to the front of the van but now i have a hole cut in the roof liner where the screen originally was.     I was planning on making a custom overhead console with cd storage and independant map lights.    Any ideas?..... it's a Farenheiht DVD/Screen combo..... i will definately have to color match it.... the screen in black and the interior is light gray.    since the console and dvd will be close together, i was thinking of matching it to the screen...... or wrapping the new console with light gray vinyl and color matching the screen.....   give me a shout

sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
i think an overhead console would be the way to go.  ive always liked those.  id put in a couple map lights, maybe even a neon or two=).  you might be able to find an old one and use that as a template.  youd definately have to color match it, but thats not that tough.  maybe try to put some curves in it too, so it just not a big rectanglular console like some of them are.  also, i dont know how far forward it is, but another cool thing ive always liked were the little overhead pockets right behind the windshield, kinda like the ones that come in pontiac cars.  those come in real handy some times.  so you might try to incorporate one of those in your design as well.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
The Freestar  comes with an overhead dvd/lcd screen, have a look where it mounts.  Maybe you could use the factory parts.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Either make something custom like you said or find yourself one big ass domelight..
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic