icon

prestige aps996 on 02 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
princestfu 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
i'm installing a prestige aps996 on a 02 civic with a DEI 555i bypass module, first question, where do i connect the bypass module with the aps996 ? which wires ?? and when i try to remote start the vehicle the LCD pager flashes "inhibit" wut does that mean ? am i missing a wire somewhere ? i did the starter inhibit relay and tested it and it works fine. is there anything else i need to hook up ? thanks for any info
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Did you read the directions for the 555I? They tell you where and what wires to tap into. Don't remember right now what the colors are, but you interface at the key cylinder. I believe inhibit on a 996 is the shutdown switch not being plugged in or flipped off. There is a red 2 pin plug with a switch that comes with the 996. You need to check that switch if you are using it or if you are not, take the 2 wires and connect them together and plug it into the brain. This is necessary to remote start.
princestfu 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
DAM ~! so stoopid of me, i didn't even realize that the switch was in the off position. well i got the remote start to work. i tried programming the 555i but it doesn't learn the code. i put the key in da ign. w/o turning it and i remote started the car, it started. but when it doesn't have the key in the ign. cyl. it doesn't start, it would just keep cranking. i tried programming with both keys and it doesn't help. and i don't have a valet key either. any help ??? danx. and danx johnmax for the heads up on the switch.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
if you have the correct connect to the transponder wires at the key cylinder, then go ahead w/ the key leaning.
-put the key in teh cylinder w/o turnin, like you seaid
-remote start, the light on the bypass should stay lit then go out to show its successfully learned
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Why dont you just purchase a DEI 555U. This wold be so much earier for you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic