icon

2000 dodge stratus single wire door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customcarelectr 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Trying to get correct function from door locks on 2000 dodge stratus without factory alarm. I have followed the procedure as outlined in wiremagic and on this site. The result is that the car locks the doors on pulse from lock as well as unlock. I have used a 620 ohm resistor for lock and 2.7k for lock. I used the WHITE/ dark green wire on the BCM plug.

Anyone else have experience with this car?

Are these resistor values correct?

is this the correct wire?

I have just finished my trial of wiremagic and I am not 100% satisfied, what other high quality install programs are available? Price is not an issue...

Thanks so much

ranquist 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
If both resistors come together at the WHITE/ dk grn and the tails of each resistor connected seperately to lock on one and unlock on the other it should work fine. The only thing is that there are 2 WHITE/ dk grn  close  to each other. You can test the correct wire using a test light connected to ground and each resistor. Also if I remember correctly some dodges needed a double ground unlock pulse. I use to work at a ford dealer and used ford faxback. It's free 1800 3673539. All you need is a fax. press 2 twice and you'll get a tech ask for a year and model sheet. From that you can use the automated system. They really keep up with wire charts I've found. Good luck
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
To verify the wire, use a multimeter with the negative lead connected to ground and the positive lead on the WHITE/ dk. green wire. The meter should read 0 volts at rest, and go to somewhere between 0 and 12 volts when the lock switch is used, with a lower voltage for unlock.
The resistor values are correct - just make sure that the wires are not shorted together at any place before the end of the resistor. Also, this hasn't been mentioned above, but this is a positive switch through resistors, not a ground switch. Though it sounds like you already have that right.
As far as where to get wiring, usually if you can get alarm info from the alarm manufacturer it's the best. I know DEI takes theirs straight from the vehicle manufacturers' wiring diagram manuals. For stereo wiring info Metra's a pretty good source.
customcarelectr 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guy thanks for responding so quickly this site is great.

I still nbeed more help though.

i have made the connections as both you guys have described

i was aware that this is a positive trigger so i have used relays, and i had tried the double unlock pulse.

the whole thing is I am getting the car to lock whether the alarm is arming or disarming, in other words the car locks all the time even when i am sending the unlck pulse.

In this wire harness which all install info sheets point to, there are two wires that seem to give the exact same result one is WHITE/ drk. grn. and the other is WHITE/ light grn.

I tested each of them for voltage while moving the door lock switch both gave the same result of around 6v when locking and 2v when unlocking

i figure i must be missing something here but i have been over all the schematics again and again and i can only achieve lock

is this one of htose cars that like some bmws you can only test the door locks when all the doors are closed up? in other words would having the drivers door open while testing the install stop it from allowing unlock (just trying to think of any stupid thing i could be overlooking)

ranquist 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

if you installed a dei did you program the remote? read the program list on how to set which buttons do what.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the switch will unlock the doors when they're open, that shouldn't be a problem.
That has to be the correct wire, since lock is functioning just fine. Again, I would check the resistor connections and the resistor value on the unlock. Also, you could try activating the unlock relay manually(short the alarm's (-) unlock output wire to ground).
Dreadlock 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Techsoft, from dei. And that should be the right wire it was down to the left of the collum where your foot would rest(if im not mistaken) i know there are a couple of wires that are the same color so make sure you test.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic