icon

Would a new deck be better?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
I went to a local car audio shop and asked about a EQ and he said what kinda deck you have and I said Sony CDX-mp40 and he told me buy a new deck and your system will be twice as loud I garantee..
Is he right. He said buy one with 4 volt pre outputs.
I wanna spend 400 CDN what do you guys recomend
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
 I don't know about twice as loud...  are you running amps to all your speakers or just running them off the deck? 
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
If you switch to a deck with high volt preouts it will help, but you could also just buy a eq/ preamp that boost the signal to like 8 volts and its gonna do a better job. If you are happy with your deck than just buy the eq/preamp.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Jay22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
I kinda want a diif deck im running my speakers off it but he said my subs will be louder
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
If you want good control of your subs right from your deck, I always recommend any alpine with the bass engine plus or bass engine pro. I'm not sure how much they run in Canada, but there should be one in your price range with 4 volt pre-out to the subs, 50 or 60 W x 4 (23.5 or 27.5 Wx4 RMS, respectively), and a bass engine plus. Otherwise, it's just a matter of brand preferrence. You should be able to find similar features on many brands.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Jay22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
OK I have a big car stereo problem though just so you no; I always want more. I have a PPI 2150 amp 600rms @4 ohms . I had three type s 12s. they guy there said he use to sell these amps and it will run 2.67 ohms.
Should I just try the three out and buy a deck later since this amp already pushes these subs like crazy on half gain???????
The deck will basically be just to pound the subs better.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic