icon

anybodys guess

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slow_hoe2001 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
 i have a question and i know many will think i'm silly for asking but here goes anyway. i have a 2001 chevy tahoe, i have built a woofer wall consisting of 4 kicker L7 15's dual four ohm subs, each one residing in its own 3 sq. cu. box. this enclosure is located directly behind  the second row of seats. i am pushing the subs w/ 2 KX1200.1 amps, 1 per pair of subs. roughly about 700 watts per sub. these amps are attached to a stinger 3 farad super cap which in turn is connected to a pair of optima yellow tops and then a red top in the front. i have upgraded my alt. from a 130 stock to a 200 powermaster. all my grounds and power wires are "the big boy stuff". i will attending my first show soon and wanted to know if someone could guess what they think i'll do on a mic. the local shop dont have a mic but said "its about 150 or so". does this sound realistic? if so, is that loud? oh i forgot to mention the boxes are sealed.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Id put in some sound deadener sometime soon...that truck has to rattle.lol

Sounds like you have all the bases covered...im sure you'll hit big numbers.  definatly 140db-160db

I suggesst hearing protection :D

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
 im kinda scared to add sound deadner b/c i might try my hand @ drive by spl and have heard this could hurt my #s.  it really dont rattle that bad till i turn it up past 7, well except the door trim and dash and such on the inside. but you cant really hear that w/ the windows rolled up(at least not on the outside!) how much louder do you think i could go if i rebuilt my boxes and put in some good size ports?
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
if ur serious about competing...u need a ported box.  email me at banginjeep82@aol.com and ill help you design one.  ive been competing for several years
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
 hey bangin jeep are u goin to clarksville on sunday? if so holla @ me i'll be in a pewter tahoe w/ a cowl hood.   mykal
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
nah i couldnt go.  im not competing again until im done with the new system.  i recently got fired from my installing job at Electronic Express over some BS, so im too broke to finish building the new system or go to competitons!  but email me, lets keep in touch and ill have ur tahoe hitting huge numbers!
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
well i got a 146.9 on the term lab yesterday, every 1 told me that was "pretty good".    i did about the same # last year @ slammin and jammin w/ a different setup.  i know i gotta be louder than i was then so what the hell?!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Your numbers should be way higher than that. I dont understand that. Ported is gonna help out those numbers but it shoulda cracked 150 pretty easy I think. I know we cracked 150 in a precida with 2 15's running off an old crome 500a2 rockford. Now those were in ported boxes but still, your numbers shoulda been higher.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
He's also trying to pressurize a much larger airspace and there is much more chances for that pressure to escape, ie 4 doors vs 2 if his is the 4dr version. A ported box is definitely in your future.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
yes i have a 4 door tahoe, so do yall think a ported enclosure will help me break the 150 mark? there was a guy at the show w/ 4 of the same subs and two of the same amps (although they were the older version) we had the same deck and he had ports(though i think they were a little too small) he only had 1 extra battery w/ stock alt. and 2 1farad caps. he was in a grand cherokee and only beat me by 4 tenths. so i dont understand how i could get that much louder just by porting. i dont want to rebuild if im only gonna gain 4 tenths. wouldnt really be worth it. somebody plz help!!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic